Need some advice on mounting waki to pack

hey all, I recently purchased my first two busse/kin. I have a comp finish f16 on the way and just got a black w/black micarta scale waki from another member here.

My questions are;

1. What style kydex sheath do you prefer? (Pancake or taco) and why?

2. How are you guys going about strapping them to a pack or bug out bag? I've searched and all I can find are people saying they have done it but not how...

Thanks in advance!

P.s. I haven't gotten out to take any good pics of it so I will post some on thursday.

Generally prefer taco because lower profile and lighter, but pancake might be easier to mount in the following manner:

Use 750 (or 550) pound paracord, in two or more separate segments, to tie loops on the sheath using single granny knots on each end.

Trick is to leave about a 1/3” tab sticking out of the granny knot, and use a lighter/stove to light that tab on fire and let it melt into the knot. A little more flame work and you’ll have a low-profile knot that won’t come untied (you will need to cut the knot off to remove). Works great for many of my setups and ultralight...

Looks at Buy Brown. . He can mount something that will mount to your pack. Especially if you have mollie

Attachments

• IMG_26072020_211422_(900_x_675_pixel).jpg
    IMG_26072020_211422_(900_x_675_pixel).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 17
Back