Need some expert advice dating a dog's head folder

L7sv2pl
L7sv2pl
Hey everyone and thank you for having on my bladeforums!!! I have recently acquired a new (to me) 2 blade folder dogs head kabar. I am trying to date and possibly get a model number. It is in excellent condition appears to have factory edge and used very light if at all.

Hey M Msorto89 Welcome to the forum. Your pictures didn't show. Let me find ya a little link. You had me at Kabar, Dogshead, and 2 bladed.

Ok I'm not an authority but the Authority's are here. You've come to the right place. All I can say right now is it's pre 1963 unless it was made for the Collectors club in the 80s. The experts will show up and you will have an answer.

Your on Flickr so get the BB code, hit select all, then copy. And next you Paste here

Sweet thank you. I have been looking around unfortunately I have not been able to find this knife on the net I was thinking it's somewhere around 70s I have not been able to identify the area of tang stamp.

Sweet thank you. I have been looking around unfortunately I have not been able to find this knife on the net I was thinking it's somewhere around 70s I have not been able to identify the area of tang stamp.
After 1963 I believe??? Cole-National owned Kabar and started to put model numbers on the tang. Between like 1951? And 1963 ka -bar was written like that. Before 1951 it was like yours KA-BAR

Lol no issue at all. I'm down to just my Gransfor Scandinavian axe and this new buy. Recently lost my kabar d2(second one....) and no longer have a bunch of others such as seal pup, cold steel ak / srk and a few Kershaw.....to name a few. Expensive hobby...

Lol no issue at all. I'm down to just my Gransfor Scandinavian axe and this new buy. Recently lost my kabar d2(second one....) and no longer have a bunch of others such as seal pup, cold steel ak / srk and a few Kershaw.....to name a few. Expensive hobby...
A lot of axe lovers here. Sorry to here about your D2 extreme:( helluva blade

Back