Need some expert advice dating a dog's head folder

I lost one while I was deployed 2010, my wife bought me another one last year which I lost (left on the tail gate while doing work. Never saw it again)... bad luck so far but that's the best damn blade I've ever had it's on my list again.

I lost one while I was deployed 2010, my wife bought me another one last year which I lost (left on the tail gate while doing work. Never saw it again)... bad luck so far but that's the best damn blade I've ever had it's on my list again.
Thank You for your Service Brother.

Never had a bk9 have had a 7 gave that one away along with a tanto. As u may have noticed I'm a fan of kabar. I do need a large chopper... dont want to fork out the cash for a Busse battle mistress a bk9 might do.

Never had a bk9 have had a 7 gave that one away along with a tanto. As u may have noticed I'm a fan of kabar. I do need a large chopper... dont want to fork out the cash for a Busse battle mistress a bk9 might do.
As we say in the Becker Forum You cannot not have a 9

To get back to the original knife and question, the knife was made in 1985, called the "Plowman", and 814 made with a nickel dog and 250 made with a 14K dog. Model number was DH89 and DH89G for the limited edition gold shield ones. Knife made by Queen in Titusville, PA. for the KCC. Mike, the dog you show is also a late model dog, you can tell because the dog looks mad.

Last edited:
Sweet thx gunsil. I was thinking of using it as a daily carry might leave this one in a case. Worth the 60 bucks I spent on it?

To get back to the original knife and question, the knife was made in 1985, called the "Plowman", and 814 made with a nickel dog and 250 made with a 14K dog. Model number was DH89 and DH89G for the limited edition gold shield ones. Knife made by Queen in Titusville, PA. for the KCC. Mike, the dog you show is also a late model dog, you can tell because the dog looks mad.
Yep you are spot on as usual Gene. The blade is stamped V111/78

Back