Need to add some texture to carbon fiber 110 scales

I have a 110 slim cf legacy limited edition , the carbon fibor scales are real slippery, is there any way to add some texture to it? the knife is a take apart, I have some 110 slims that I made into take apart knives . I made g10 liners and textured g10 scales I realy like this knife ,its a little thicker than a reg slim, with great grip . Thanks for any help

I wouldn't try to alter those grips. carbon fiber is nasty stuff, when sanding. although so is g10. both should only be done with proper eye and lung safety equipment.
respirators and ventilation etc. not sure sanding carbon fiber to be rougher is going to produce what your looking for. I wouldn't try it myself. better to just use the blade and put into one of your screwed together conversions ya made already and that way get the handles ya want.

Last edited:
I wouldn't try to alter those grips. carbon fiber is nasty stuff, when sanding. although so is g10. both should only be done with proper eye and lung safety equipment.
respirators and ventilation etc. not sure sanding carbon fiber to be rougher is going to produce what your looking for. I wouldn't try it myself. better to just use the blade and put into one of your screwed together conversions ya made already and that way get the handles ya want.
Thanks I really like my mod slims with the textured g10, stock slim blades hold up well. I just don't like how slipper the stock carbon fiber are

Maybe you could try media blasting them to give them some traction? I've done that with G10 and micarta.... and of course, a good respirator mask is a must, as well as doing it outdoors.

I bought this on Amazon to use:

Paasche Abrasive Sprayer/Etching Tool

You could file a pattern into them with crisp edges that would create grippiness but retain the glossy cf look. But do it outdoors and wear a mask, and wash down afterwards

I could trade for a pair of Desert Ironwood grips. Then you could use a gunstock checkering tool.

They're Buck factory grips. They look smaller in the picture because the the mounted Carbon fiber grip is closer to the camera.image.jpeg

All the scales in this discussion are either BCCI Club knife or Legacy. They are interchangeable. There was a Buck of the Month knife in red that would also work. I am only interested in a trade.

All the scales in this discussion are either BCCI Club knife or Legacy. They are interchangeable. There was a Buck of the Month knife in red that would also work. I am only interested in a trade.
I think he has this knife...hes talkin about the slim legacy......

BU0110CFSLE_3.jpg

tiguy7 I have 5 sets of take off scales , how many do you want , I changed out the take apart legacy scales with some that I got from the bcci club. I have 5 sets of carbon , 5 sets of textured g10.

Yes the knife i'm wanting to get a gripper scales on is the carbon fiber slim legacy , Thanks for any help

Do you have the slim or the regular legacy? I am looking to trade for regular legacy scales as shone in post #8 above.

I have both ,but I have the reg legacy scales I'll trade you , how many carbon scales you looking for, i also have textured black g10

I would like to trade a set of BCCI Ironwood scales for a regular Legacy set of C/F scales. If you have extra C/F scales, I may be interested in purchasing some. I am not inclined to post my email address here, so connecting may be a problem.

I have some 110 slims that I made into take apart knives

I’m planning to take apart a 112 Slim Select and a Slim Pro so I can combine the 420HC blade I prefer with the micarta scales I prefer. If you don’t mind, what sizes are the screws and pivot, and what is a good place to buy them from?

I could take the two apart, measure, and order, but if you could save me some time, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back