Need to Cancel Order, Any Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order a good while back for a 4.1 and I'd like to cancel it. I replied to the email I got with my order info, but I've seen where folks said they weren't hearing back from that. Is there a different or better way to get this done? I don't use any social media.

I placed an order a good while back for a 4.1 and I'd like to cancel it. I replied to the email I got with my order info, but I've seen where folks said they weren't hearing back from that. Is there a different or better way to get this done? I don't use any social media.

Just send us an email to Info@SurviveKnives.com with your order information and we will get that taken care of for you.

dam man we are so close to getting them ... hang in there

dam man we are so close to getting them ... hang in there

I think many of us are very patiently waiting for our 4.1's, but I can see why some are deciding to cancel their orders. At least for me I bought my F2 4.1 on October 17th and was told 45 days and it's been 123 days. The F2 4.7 I ordered on December 8th was suppose to ship within 60 days and we're currently at 71 days. The updates on the new F2 offerings are saying 90 days or as they come across them. However, we have no idea how many of them are actually being shipped within the timeframes. I love Survive! as I own a dozen of their knives and the quality once in hand is unbelievable even the F2's. The problem I'm seeing is the lack of communication on a regular basis of what knives are actually going out. We see the updates on the 1st Friday updates but might see 2-3 guys on the forums and FB that actually get them within a few months time frame. I'm sure there are plenty of customers that aren't on Bladeforums or FB, but it would be nice if we could actually see weekly updates and pics of how many knives went out that week. Just a quick picture or two posted to their FB page would do it because those of us on the fan page and Survive! pages would update it here. I'm keeping my two orders because I want my knives, but have since not ordered any new ones direct from Survive! as I'm not sure when they'll actually ship. I know many of the Pre-Order guys have been waiting over a year and well over in some cases. I've seen several Survive! guys switch over to CPK because even though their knives are extremely hard to get and slightly more expensive they only sell what they're going to ship the next week.

I don't spend a lot of time online, I spend most of my freetime outside. I got a couple of great knives from LT Wright and I really like the ergo's and A2 is easy for me to keep up with. I just don't need the 4.1 anymore. If it had gotten finished sooner I'd probably be using it though.

Edited to add:

That being said, I had one of the original 4.1's and it was a beast. I couldn't hurt it. I do a lot of hunting and I could butcher a deer from freshly killed to in the freezer with hardly a touchup. And that was the old Peter's HT on 3V. But I have to be honest, LT's A2 (and Bark River's for that matter) is almost as good. And easier to touch up. Though not by much. i just think A2 is better at denting or rolling, vs micro chip or whatever, when I hit bone and that sort of thing. It just feels that way to me using them both extensively.

I don't spend a lot of time online, I spend most of my freetime outside. I got a couple of great knives from LT Wright and I really like the ergo's and A2 is easy for me to keep up with. I just don't need the 4.1 anymore. If it had gotten finished sooner I'd probably be using it though.

Edited to add:

That being said, I had one of the original 4.1's and it was a beast. I couldn't hurt it. I do a lot of hunting and I could butcher a deer from freshly killed to in the freezer with hardly a touchup. And that was the old Peter's HT on 3V. But I have to be honest, LT's A2 (and Bark River's for that matter) is almost as good. And easier to touch up. Though not by much. i just think A2 is better at denting or rolling, vs micro chip or whatever, when I hit bone and that sort of thing. It just feels that way to me using them both extensively.

Bark Rivers are great knives and I don't have any LT Wrights, but read good reviews about them. I also love my Gen 1 4.1's because they're high quality. I enjoy collecting and using my knives as well, but I can see why you ended up finding excellent alternatives for your needs as a hunter. I know several hiking and backpacking trips have come and gone hoping to try out the new 4.1. Although, I have plenty of other knives to bring I still want the GSO's. Happy hunting and I'm sure you'll get your refund. It's also one more knife that can go to the others that have been waiting.

Edited to add:

Actually I feel the same as you do. I am still hanging on to my orders but kind of getting a little jaded with all the waiting. I guess my tastes have also changed over the last one year since placing my first order for an S!K to more bushcraft style type knives now. I too own a few LT Wright knives and love them all. I love the very sharp spines on all my LT Wright. My GSO 5.1 (latest gen) was supposed to strike ferro rod as according to a post on Instagram by Survive! but I struggled like crazy to get it to spark. I can hardly use the spine to scrap much wood shaving off a stick. These are things I consider a must have for a survival knife. The peened finish too makes it really hard to really clean up my knives. No matter how much I tried to clean the stains out with Flitz, it just wouldn't completely clean off. The handle looks comfortable but in all honesty it's not. It is only comfortable in the hammer grip. If I were to choke back for a little for more leverage when chopping I find the squarish pommel digging into my palm and it hurts. I haven't really touched my GSO 5.1 much since getting it so right now I am not sure if I would still like to hang on to all my other orders.

Actually I feel the same as you do. I am still hanging on to my orders but kind of getting a little jaded with all the waiting. I guess my tastes have also changed over the last one year since placing my first order for an S!K to more bushcraft style type knives now. I too own a few LT Wright knives and love them all. I love the very sharp spines on all my LT Wright. My GSO 5.1 (latest gen) was supposed to strike ferro rod as according to a post on Instagram by Survive! but I struggled like crazy to get it to spark. I can hardly use the spine to scrap much wood shaving off a stick. These are things I consider a must have for a survival knife. The peened finish too makes it really hard to really clean up my knives. No matter how much I tried to clean the stains out with Flitz, it just wouldn't completely clean off. The handle looks comfortable but in all honesty it's not. It is only comfortable in the hammer grip. If I were to choke back for a little for more leverage when chopping I find the squarish pommel digging into my palm and it hurts. I haven't really touched my GSO 5.1 much since getting it so right now I am not sure if I would still like to hang on to all my other orders.

This isn't exactly the wait we signed up for in the beginning, but the quality of the products I've received and my faith in the company keeps me going.

Dang, Andy. Sorry to hear you're so completely disappointed with your 5.1. I know being on the other side of our planet puts you at a mailing disadvantage, but I wonder if you could sell the 5.1 and still come out ahead for your troubles.

I wonder if you could sell the 5.1 and still come out ahead for your troubles.

That is what I did with my new style 5.1, sold for about 10% more than I paid. I also couldn't like the highly contoured handle though I did not have any staining issues with the peened finish and actually preferred it just a bit. But not enough to live with the handles.

Selling on the aftermarket is actually helped along by Survive's inability to correct their delivery performance. I think all my needs are covered at the moment, but if something comes up the used market is just a much better way to buy.

I was told by survive they stopped doing ferro notches because the spines where very sharp. So if you have a new spec 5.1 I would bring this up. I haven't waited almost two years now to get a knife with defects. So please bring that to Guy"s attention.

Defects? Honestly, there are a lot of knives out there with features that aren't my cup of tea but that doesn't make them defective.
If you find a maker whose design philosophy more closely matches your needs buy their knives. :)

This isn't exactly the wait we signed up for in the beginning, but the quality of the products I've received and my faith in the company keeps me going.

Dang, Andy. Sorry to hear you're so completely disappointed with your 5.1. I know being on the other side of our planet puts you at a mailing disadvantage, but I wonder if you could sell the 5.1 and still come out ahead for your troubles.
Yes I could sell it but I chose not to. Don't get me wrong. I still like my 5.1 and I had expected I would love it more, but I didn't. I could live without having the 5.1 strike ferro rods as I have a few strikers for the rods, and I could also live with not being able to scrap wood shavings off the spine of the knife. I was just a little disappointed that it didn't do all that I needed it to do. It could have been my one tool option but it's not, not like I really believe in having a one tool option anyway but it will be nice. I guess I can always pack a backup knife that will do what I needed and use the 5.1 for the harder chores, after all it is what the 5.1 was built for, hard tasks. I am just wondering if I should continue holding on to my 3.5, 4.1 and 7/7. For now I feel that I should just hold on to them since they are already in the production phase, especially the 4.1 and 7/7. I hope I don't sound like I am bashing S!K. I like S!K as a company and I feel that their products far surpassed many other makers but I just needed certain features in my knives which I am not seeing in S!K.

That is what I did with my new style 5.1, sold for about 10% more than I paid. I also couldn't like the highly contoured handle though I did not have any staining issues with the peened finish and actually preferred it just a bit. But not enough to live with the handles.

Selling on the aftermarket is actually helped along by Survive's inability to correct their delivery performance. I think all my needs are covered at the moment, but if something comes up the used market is just a much better way to buy.
The stains I was referring to has nothing to do with rust type of stains but more to do with patina. Some of the sap got onto the knife and causes it to stain. Here's an example...

A8099A4B-E277-4B5D-B516-4570A6269EFE.jpg

The photo on the right has been cleaned up with Flitz but there's still some spots left which I can never clean out. Over a few usage I accumulated more and more spots on the knife. Not that it does matter, it's just an OCD issue which I have.

I was told by survive they stopped doing ferro notches because the spines where very sharp. So if you have a new spec 5.1 I would bring this up. I haven't waited almost two years now to get a knife with defects. So please bring that to Guy"s attention.

Defects? Honestly, there are a lot of knives out there with features that aren't my cup of tea but that doesn't make them defective.
If you find a maker whose design philosophy more closely matches your needs buy their knives. :)

kingdmx3,

Fancier is right. I don't see it as a defect. There's good and bad about the peened finish. The main benefit is that it is harder to scratch up the blade and it has been shown to help in preventing corrosion. The drawback is that the process to create the peened finish (which is like sand blasting) will somehow round out the spine a little. I understand not many people needed a sharp spine and some detested it, but I happened to a be sucker for sharp spines. I wouldn't call this a defect bro as I could easily take a file to it and file the spine down but I did not want to destroy the finishing on it.

To EVERYONE-

Lets take this discussion to an existing thread about the actual knives or start a new thread. The topic of this thread was how to cancel an order and was quickly answered. If I was a mod I would lock this thread, but I am not. This subforum sees little to no moderation and suffers greatly from thread drift. Lets try to prevent that.

Thanks
Riz

To EVERYONE-

Lets take this discussion to an existing thread about the actual knives or start a new thread. The topic of this thread was how to cancel an order and was quickly answered. If I was a mod I would lock this thread, but I am not. This subforum sees little to no moderation and suffers greatly from thread drift. Lets try to prevent that.

Thanks
Riz

Apologies for causing the thread to derail bro.

No need to apologize. We are all guilty. Like I said, we have basically nonexistent moderation so its up to us to politely self moderate!

The stains I was referring to has nothing to do with rust type of stains but more to do with patina. Some of the sap got onto the knife and causes it to stain.

I don't believe I've gotten much tree sap on any of my Survives. Blood and salt water mostly.

That looks more like some sap stayed resident in the low spots of the finish as opposed to any change to the blade itself, but hard to tell from the photos. Either way it wouldn't bother me I don't think.

Greetings All,

I ordered a sheath for a New Spec 5.1 about a week and a half ago ... and so far the response has been crickets.

My order is "awaiting fulfillment" and has been 9 business days now. I emailed info@surviveknives earlier this week, and ... no reply. Can anyone give me some sense of what to expect at this point?

I thought that, unlike a whole (yet to be produced) knife, if I ordered an in-stock accessory, I could reasonably expect to receive it in timely fashion. So far, there is no indication that this is the case. And the lack of response to email is not encouraging.

I would have private messaged SURVIVE Ellie! about this on these forums, but ... apparently my account does not have sufficient privileges here to do so.

So ... I get to share ... and I guess I might as well introduce myself:

Hello fellow Survive Knives enthusiasts! I am a big fan of these knives, and currently own the following:

* Old Spec GSO 5.1 in 3V (#135)
* Old Spec GSO 5.1 in 20CV
* GSO 4.7 in CruForge V
* New Spec GSO 5.1 in 20CV

That last one is a recent acquisition, and I am trying to get my hands on a black kydex sheath for it. I thought the 4.7 would be my last for a while ... but I was blown away by how comfortable the handle is in hand, to the extent that I felt the need to get a New 5.1, with a handle that resembles that a little more than the much straighter old 5.1s.

Best,
br0930

Greetings All,

I ordered a sheath for a New Spec 5.1 about a week and a half ago ... and so far the response has been crickets.

My order is "awaiting fulfillment" and has been 9 business days now. I emailed info@surviveknives earlier this week, and ... no reply. Can anyone give me some sense of what to expect at this point?

I thought that, unlike a whole (yet to be produced) knife, if I ordered an in-stock accessory, I could reasonably expect to receive it in timely fashion. So far, there is no indication that this is the case. And the lack of response to email is not encouraging.

I would have private messaged SURVIVE Ellie! about this on these forums, but ... apparently my account does not have sufficient privileges here to do so.

So ... I get to share ... and I guess I might as well introduce myself:

Hello fellow Survive Knives enthusiasts! I am a big fan of these knives, and currently own the following:

* Old Spec GSO 5.1 in 3V (#135)
* Old Spec GSO 5.1 in 20CV
* GSO 4.7 in CruForge V
* New Spec GSO 5.1 in 20CV

That last one is a recent acquisition, and I am trying to get my hands on a black kydex sheath for it. I thought the 4.7 would be my last for a while ... but I was blown away by how comfortable the handle is in hand, to the extent that I felt the need to get a New 5.1, with a handle that resembles that a little more than the much straighter old 5.1s.

Best,
br0930

This really isn't the best place for this post and the OP was taken care of, so I'm going to close this thread after I've replied to this.

I apologize for this particular delay. The SURVIVE! Workshop has been mostly closed due to everyone being sick for the past week. I will make sure all of the supplies and gear orders go out by Monday. I believe things are on the up and up, I'm expecting work to resume as normal next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back