Need to get your Schrade knife fixed?

I'm begging you guys not to trash my (Colonial) knife line until to actually have tried the product. We can't afford to GIVE away our knives away however, they all come with a liftime warranty on materails and craftsmanship, even the Imported stuff.
Our customers: The National Rifle Association, Cornwell Quality Tools, the Fedearal Government, Stanley Tools, Irwin Tools, a divison of Newell Rubbermaid, the Canadian Govenment teh Britsih Govenrment can't all be worng! Colonial KNife is manufacturing the new National Rifle Association membership knife, these guys (the NRA) are very strick on thier quallity and would not buy the Colonial product line if it was junk.
Best Regards, :cool:
Steve
Colonial

Well excuse us for "complaining" and assumming we would be getting a Colonial knife from a knife company named Colonial who makes knives.
If you read my post again you will see that I did thank Colonial for actually sending the free Chinese knife. I would certainly hope Colonial's knives are better quality than that.

Good luck with your knife sales. I am sure that with your posts you have persuaded many here to support Colonial.

Alex Penton

stvep780 said:
It would help if you guys stopped hitting the submit button 5 or 6 times for the FREE KNIFE.
We have been slow sending out the free knife since we can only handle a few hundred a day. It's a manual process at this time (opening up each request and printing it for the shipping department) and every time you hit the submit button, it does just that, submits it but we don't know this until we open it up.
We will add the DONE sign as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Steve
Colonial Knife
Steve, a glitch on your site causes a user to think the registration did not go through. We are not told registration completed, or returned to the home page. That might account for multiple entries. I can imagine what a headache that must be! Your webmaster should be able to handle that in short order.

Codger Blankmeister

stvep780 said:
I'm begging you guys not to trash my (Colonial) knife line until to actually have tried the product. We can't afford to GIVE away our knives away however, they all come with a liftime warranty on materails and craftsmanship, even the Imported stuff.

Sir, I've no dog in this fight- I left the ordering of the freebies to others, as I've enough users at the moment. However, if I may.

I work for a pretty large security firm. When we send out a sample of our material- say, a piece of guard or mesh- it has our name on it, stamped in the steel. That gets the name in front of the customer.

You should be commended for holding to your end and sending the knife. :) That's a smart move. However, having your name nowhere on it isn't too smart.

I own a number of Colonials, and I do always support American makers, to the best of my ability. However, if you want the support of the people, your knives need to say who you are! ;)

Steve...thank you for joining us and filling in some of the blank spots about Colonial. I for one appreciate the offer of a free knife. I also believe Colonial will be rewarded w/many sales now that some of the confusion has been explained. I received an imported knife and thats fine w/me. I am going to order an L-304B 3-3/4" Lockback Jigged Bone from your Handcrafted Series tomorrow and will provide my opinion of it here for all to read. We are all not a tough crowd...I sir, will give you my business...come on guys, if we don't stick together, we can all sit around down the road and complain about the good ole days when we could enjoy a quality USA-made product...

I want to thank Steve for replying, to all of us, and let him know that I have no intention of trashing his line of knives. I've never handled one and I'm not in the habit of bad mouthing knives I haven't had a chance to handle. I do hope that your sales team is on the road and getting product out in store displays so that I will eventually be able to see for myself your line of knives.

Steve, I hope you understand that we can be a tough crowd when it comes to our knives. If we weren't somewhat serious about it, we wouldn't be here at BF as much as we are. The closing of Schrade left a bitter taste in my mouth and, although its been a while now, getting a China made knife in the mail brought some of the bile back up. No offense to you, I understand your buisness situation in terms of the giveaway, can't throw the bucket out with the mopwater. Good luck, I hope to see your lineup at a store in the near future.

Thanks for comming aboard Steve, I know you can answer thier questions alot better than I can, all I can do is serve as a middle man and tell them what I know about your products first hand. You being here is definatly a big help.

David

Welcome aboard Steve!

Don't be a stranger here. We are very interested in what is happening at Colonial.

Sorry I got your name wrong on a previous post. I have corrected it.

Did anyone else here get an email from Steve? I got one. He is very passionate about Colonial Cutlery. Which I think is a good thing. :D

CapCase said:
Did anyone else here get an email from Steve? I got one. He is very passionate about Colonial Cutlery. Which I think is a good thing. :D
Yes, he has been very generous with his time. I have had some very constructive and informative conversation with him. I should have their literature shortly. Then maybe a upscale Colonial U.S.A. knife to compare with what I've come to expect from Schrade. Traditional of course, old codger that I am!

Codger

Steve, you bear a great last name (in American Knife manufacturing), and I wish your company all the best. The free knife was a nice idea, sorry it did not work out. I for one appreicate the gesture. Let's just close the door on that and move on... to your firm's knives.

Can you ask the powers that be here at BFC for your own forum? If you don't have time to moderate it (We want you busy making decent knives for us), how about making David your official representative here. You guys at the company really, really should recognize his efforts.

I want one of your knives! Not a freebie, thank you (I recall years ago, Colonial sent me an 'old cutler' as a gift when I requested a catalog--belated thanks to you). Where do I buy 'em?

Best of luck to your business.

Phil

I, like many here, are familiar with the Colonial line of knives. I have owned many, still do.

I'd like to get my hands on a colonial 3-blade stockman and put it thru it's paces. (I do that sort of thing)

Maybe Larry and I will get a field trip together and visit you :D

Good luck, Steve, with your endeavour. I hope to purchase one of your knives in the very near future, I look forward to carrying on the tradition of American-made knives.

Glenn

(Oh, and thanks for the free knife. I was really interested in a big fat catalog, though. I like to see whats out there)

Steve, Glenn,
I'll gladly do the driving.
;-)
TTYL
Larry

Since there is only a small group of you who want to know more about Colonial I will be happy to send each of you who are currently interested a high end Colonial for your honest review. But only those on this site such as el lobo,Irv and the rest. I think there are about 7 people and that's all I can afford to "give" knives to. Call me on my cell phone 401-527-5372 and talk, let me know what you need.
Please don't broad cast my offer or I'll have to withdraw it since I can't be held up sending everyone who wants a free knife pestering me 24-7. This is just for you guys ONLY!
Steve
Colonial Knife

Thank you Steve for your generous offer, I would be very happy to test a knife and would give you honest feedback. I will call as you requsted, on Monday.

Bill

I will call you also on Monday. I am looking forward to handeling one of your top line knives, also for an honest review. Perhaps we can pass them around among the recipients for a broader spectrum of opinions. Thanks Steve!

Codger

Steve,
Great idea! Thanks.
I too will call on Monday.
TTYL
Larry

P.S. Like LT my short name is LRV (only I used lower case)

Steve...excellent offer and I will humbly accept...will call you for particulars..thanks...Jerry

I'll pass on the freebie. There are a couple of you who's judgement I trust, so I'll wait for your reports.
Phil

Back