Recommendation? Need to replace a folder. Have a favorite?

If I were you I would get a Spyderco Gayle Bradley Advocate Gen 2 if you can find one. They have been discontinued and are being sold at good discounts. Fit and finish is great. The knife is not clunky like some of this type. Blade is M4, a great EDC steel that is tough and holds an edge.

Last edited:
Kershaw "Nura" (the larger of the two "Nura" models, the #4035) I liked it enough that 10min after I opened the package I ordered a second one, but as a 4035 Nura is only $19 and not a CF-scaled knife, it is a Frame-lock KVT ball bearing "flipper" designed by Dmitry Sinkevich...
These well designed Kershaws can be pretty satisfying !
A coworker who is not a knife dude (he leaves his knife at home most days and then asks me where he can find a box knife :mad::po_O) . . . he had one and was using it one day . . . I was blown away by how much I liked the knife (mostly because of the great design, how it felt in my hand and shockingly good build quality) . . . couldn't get it out of my head and had to buy a couple to scratch the itch. Only down side was basic blade steel . . . oh and don't reprofile it is my advice just use it.

Just get another 0452. Maybe a full Ti version or upgrade to M390 ? Occasionally they do show up here on BF, in your budget. Very unique knife, I have 3. Why change what works ?

These well designed Kershaws can be pretty satisfying !
A coworker who is not a knife dude (he leaves his knife at home most days and then asks me where he can find a box knife :mad::po_O) . . . he had one and was using it one day . . . I was blown away by how much I liked the knife (mostly because of the great design, how it felt in my hand and shockingly good build quality) . . . couldn't get it out of my head and had to buy a couple to scratch the itch. Only down side was basic blade steel . . . oh and don't reprofile it is my advice just use it.

I recently got my second Kershaw KVT flipper a "Deadline" (#1067) an like the action of it even more, I'm still undecided about the modified "Warncliff style blade, but the straight edge, it certainly easy to touch up on a bench stone. The only thing about either of these knives that really bothers me is that they are a bit smooth, does anyone make a similar knife that is simply "checkered" (like a firearm grip)?

Para 3 lightweight is probably my favorite folder, I had a ZT450cf and it felt smaller and more toylike than the Para 3 lightweight. There is an m390 version popping up on the exchange. Best new knife in a very long time imo.

Trm neutron is so good in the hand great slicer fun to play with and light as hell

Back