Neil Blackwood Design?

A few months ago I read that you guys were going to be producing a Blackwood designed knife. If this is true, do you have any pictures or info?:confused:

I think I heard something about it being unveiled at the SHOT show.

YES!!! ;)

I just spoke to Dave on Monday. He is expecting to have the factory prototypes at the SHOT Show. I will be at the Outdoor Edge booth, if you are going, stop by and say Hi ;)

Neil

I hope someone can get some pics. I can't wait to get some of these.

Yes, I confirm the first prototype came in last week and it came out shweet! With a few minor tweeks we will be starting the production tooling next week and release dates whould be another 120 days from now. We will have them for sure at the Blade Show. Stay tuned

Originally posted by David Bloch
Yes, I confirm the first prototype came in last week and it came out shweet!

I would say so. Neil designs a mean knife and Outdoor Edge makes a great product. This is one of the most exciting collaborations of the year for sure.

David, is it too soon to put up a pic of the proto?

LOOKING GOOD!!!

Dave sent me this picture of the first production prototype. From all reports it took a LOT of work to get the production handle just like my custom version!! I'm sure that creating a mold that works through and around the tang holes would not be easy. I think the added grip and feel of the handle will be well worth all the effort that has gone into it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the actual production versions. I'm sure there will be some minor tweeking, etc. Knowing Dave, I'm sure they will be right up there with the quality and performance of the rest of the Outdoor Edge line.

I will be with Dave and the Outdoor Edge team at the SHOT Show. If you are attending the show PLEASE stop by and say hello!!

Neil

Attachments

• hybrid crop.jpg
    hybrid crop.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,024
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That looks great. I am glad they went satin instead of beadblast.

Do you know what kind of sheath they are leaning towards? Kydex? Zytel?

Needless to say that I am very excited about this project.

Damn!! It look's like they did you proud. Im a wunderin how much? Thanks for the pic Neil...............RB

Does anyone know what kind of steel this fabulous looking knife will be made from?

Did anyone that got to go to SHOT get to handle one? I would love to here how it looks and feels in person.

Back