Nessmuk Group Buy WIP

Chris - one question.
You do an amazing job on heat treat. How did you decide to sent this batch out to Peter's? Size?

Chris - one question.
You do an amazing job on heat treat. How did you decide to sent this batch out to Peter's? Size?

I was looking for their speed and consistency.
Also I had several other knives in the batch that I wanted done as well.
It was a batch of 22 blades and that is a few more than I like to heat treat at a time.

neswip10.jpg

Above is a pic of the heat treated knives.

The Sign-Up thread is posted now as well.

I will also keep updating as the knives are being made.

Thanks for following along.

I have been ridiculously looking forward to these and am happy to be on the list. My favorite knife style from one of my favorite makers, in one of my top-3 steels? Love it!

Same here. Had to resist at blade show hoping to get one of these. It was really tough after meeting and talking with BC along with drooling over 1/2 dozen on the table.

I was doing my happy dance when I made the list. I love what Chris does with a knife. I am a Nessmuk junkie and I have two other Nessmuk knives made by Chris. This one really excites me because I've tried talking another company into making a thin Nessmuk before this project ever came about. When Chris came up with this group buy I knew I had to be in especially when the steel and thickness was decided as it was exactly what I have been wanting in a Nessmuk. I can't say enough good things about Chris' knives as they always exceed my expectations.

TLA, I am glad that you are excited about the knife.
As you know I am totally into thin knives and thin grinds with a focus on comfort and performance.

I hope that this is just the first of many Group Buys to come.
I already have ideas in my head for the next couple I would like to do.

I also am doing the happy dance. I was refreshing the forum every couple of minutes.

Looking forward to adding a Big Chris version to my Nessmuk collection!

13479834_10154283047224207_817447931_n.jpg

Handle material is in.

I will start laying out and sawing scales later this week.

Keep an eye out for updates.

These could start shipping by the end of July.

Sorry that I have not updated in a while.
I do have all the knives numbered and scales laid out for sawing.
I managed to get all the black canvas scales sawed out yesterday.
All have had the insides flattened and are lined up for drilling pin holes.
I'm moving forward, but slowly.

I also forgot about my trip to Honduras at the end of the month.
I am going to focus on a few and try to get them out before I leave.
Thanks again for your interest in my work and for your patience and support.

Chris used to let me saw handle material but apparently the pieces I did weren't up to his expectations so now I just sit in the shop and control the radio. We all play a part, I guess.

I got 4 of the Nessmuk handles shaped up today.

I have to say that I am actually a bit regretful that I did not make myself one.

These handles are shaping up rather nicely. Great shape and contours and very pleasant to hold onto. Mrs.Big Chris even liked them.

Will be doing the finish grinds on these 4 Wednesday morning and then working on the sheaths.

Here are the knives with Black Canvas glued up.

neswip10_1.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say that I am actually a bit regretful that I did not make myself one.

You could always 'accidentally' mess up one of the two backup ones up and bump number 11 or 12 out... buuuuut..

I'm #12, don't do that! :D

Here are the first 3 finished

neswip11.jpg

These are for
DavidCAnderson
MMatt
LukeTheSpook

You could always 'accidentally' mess up one of the two backup ones up and bump number 11 or 12 out... buuuuut..

I'm #12, don't do that! :D

I would not do that to you or anyone else on the list.

Back