Nessmuk Trios - Lets see yours

20110121100_3864-vi.jpg

Nothing personal but I did chuckle at seeing that Randall next to the the other two!

Great knife ... wish I had one!

Right now? ..... my favorite trio. Thinned and rehandled Norlund hatchet, +B Bushcrafter and a Skookum.

IMG_6997.jpg

Serious tools right here IMO. Vic Farmer, Eastwing and a BHK single bevel Bushcrafter.

IMG_6999.jpg

One of the best guys out there ... Matt = ML Knives, Walnut Keppie, green canvas friction folder and a GB hatchet.

IMG_6998.jpg

Gotta like this one. GB Hunter, +B Bushcrafter and a Laconico 4" bushie.

IMG_7000.jpg

I'm a definite gear junkie but like to get out there also.

Time to get out there and try a few of these newbies out.

dude,
how do you TIE THOSE KNOTS? Teach me!

I roll with a quad. :D

-SP 101 .357 mag
-Busse Basic 11
-Bruckmann folder
-Busse Hog Muk

I'd be more comfortable leaving one of the knives at home than the Ruger. ;)

IMG_0822.jpg

The basic 11 is a chopping beast... the res-c handle absorbs vibration very well. I can baton with it all day and the edge is no worse for the wear.

B11Baton.jpg

Here's my Trio.. A Reeves double bit, Fiddleback, and a bone handled Case.. I also tend to go the more traditional route although I will admit that I do carry a Multi Tool in my pack for any possible situations that may require one..

Cheers,
Serge

I traded for a lot and bought a few pieces at the Gossman campout on Saturday. Out of those, I got a vintage Gossman skinner with stag scales, a GB campers axe and a GEC Tidioute 73 trapper. Seems like the makings for a Nessmuk trio to me.

:) Here's mine. Tony Bose "Moose", Reeves Double-Bit, Gossman Nessy

DSC01136.jpg

Very nice combos everyone. No trio yet for me. When I hunt I usually just carry a fixed blade and a folder. Should get a small axe though. Thanks for the photos.

Paul

Here is my Nessmuk Trio. I have other hatchets and other knives but this group fits the description best.

DSC_1416.jpg

Lee Reeves Double Bit Ax with Osage Orange Haft

BHK Camp Muk with Black/Green Micarta

Case Stockman in Stag

I think Messmuk himslef would be proud of this one! Sweet combo....

Its as close as i can get. The trio as a whole hasnt seen time outdoors but i take the slippy and esee when i hike.
The hatchets only split kindling at the parents house for the fire place.

DSCF0003-2.jpg

Back