Nessmuk - Zero edge grind, Natural Micarta

Thanks, I understand what you are referring too. Similiar or equivalent to a Japanese made sushi slicer with only one cutting bevel and one flat side I am thinking!

Look at the 2nd pic (showing the spine). A zero-edge grind means there is no secondary bevel to sharpen. You sharpen literally the entire bevel.

This kind of grind has been around for ages...but has been popularized by the puukko - a traditional scandanavian belt knife (also going back ages).

Since my first knife was a puukko....:D....I've always wanted to do more "scandi grinds"....

Painfully simple to sharpen. And allows a much thinner barstock, since the grind is stout!

Charles May is another maker who does great zero-edge grinds.

Anyway...if you look at the pic...you can see there is no taper in the spine until you reach the part that is ground. And it is definitely ground equally on both sides.

:thumbup:

Dan-

Just got home and found my nessie in the mailbox. :D Absolutely fantastic!! Scary sharp and beautiful too. Thanks for getting it to me so fast. Soon as I can get my wife to stop wasting money on things like bills, I'll be ordering lots more. Thanks again!

Nick

Just how many of these do you plan on making? :) I'd be interested in one in a couple of months. Might make a nice Christmas present for my father-in-law. Everyone gets a knife this year! lol

I see you are in NW Arkansas. I'd like to live somewhere between Ft. Smith and Fayetteville. Beautiful country.

Back