Netrvalknives Introduction

Hello, My name is Max Netrval and i´m a knifemaker form west Bohemia in Europe. I want to introduce to you some of my work. I love forging damascus, making knives for hunters and trying to get the best grip and shape of the knife for using. I also ty to make some wootz/bulat knives. and have good source of burls, stabilised wood and other handle material. so stop talking and I will show you some of my recent work.
Thanks for watching and hope you will like my work
First knife is damascus bowie, blade 12" , handle desert ironwood.27066888_1240101806134494_3992696075908137531_n.jpg 27368459_1240100999467908_3401393038013623305_o.jpg 27356505_1240101712801170_2817390296321418180_o.jpg

So do those saws and hunting knives come in pairs, so in a combined sheath of sorts?

I like the designs. Those wood handles are splendid; lots of character.

Hi, thank you for the compliment, and yes, that saws and knives for hunting comes in combined sheath, I made all it myself eben the saws, they are designed and hard tested by my friend in processing of the deers, boars and etc. here is picture of that combine sheath. those were made for customer, but I can make these for order :) DSCN0285.JPG

Hi, thank you for the compliment, and yes, that saws and knives for hunting comes in combined sheath, I made all it myself eben the saws, they are designed and hard tested by my friend in processing of the deers, boars and etc. here is picture of that combine sheath. those were made for customer, but I can make these for order :) View attachment 1072934

Very cool. What steel do you use on the saws? My limited understanding of saw blades is that they usually use really low hardness, high toughness steel, though I'm not sure if that is a requirement or just how it's done. One of the forum members running the knife nerds website had a few paragraphs (maybe more) on high hardness mixed with serrations in it's ability to slice so I'm a little curious if you've used something well of 46 hardness, I think that's what I've read normal saws were at, and how that worked out long term for these knife/saw pairs.

DSCN0022.JPG
Very cool. What steel do you use on the saws? My limited understanding of saw blades is that they usually use really low hardness, high toughness steel, though I'm not sure if that is a requirement or just how it's done. One of the forum members running the knife nerds website had a few paragraphs (maybe more) on high hardness mixed with serrations in it's ability to slice so I'm a little curious if you've used something well of 46 hardness, I think that's what I've read normal saws were at, and how that worked out long term for these knife/saw pairs.

well, I use carbon springsteel called 14 260(54SiCr6) and hardening to circa 54-55 rockwell. those saw blades are little bit thicker than usual, but they are meaned to cut bones. its pretty easy to sharpen them with diamond file also. I´ve done quite few those sets :) blades are made from stainless steel N690

Here is a few knives that I have prepared for our Czech knifeshow in Brno this weekend. all those are still available if someone needs :)
Thanks for watching guys and feel free to ask if there is something that might interest you.DSCN0385.JPG DSCN0389.JPG
Max

Hello, after some longer time I want to show to you something new :) stabilised mammooth teeth and titanium on handle, san-mai construction blade, 300 layers twist damascus on the middle :)

Back