👉🏻
Gray Titanium Handle
👉🏻
Satin Finished CPM 20CV 2.96" Blade
qbmws2f.jpg

mktJmDS.jpg

zly74Jw.jpg

tCERwog.jpg

Yeah to me it just looks like cost cutting and it's disappointing that they've been doing this a lot on higher-end models. I also think a backspacer is preferable over standoffs for higher-end models.

I def see you guys points. But I actually think I’ll prefer this one like this. I’ll end up with one, but remove the clip and carry in pocket (my hobby is cars, I’m around them a LOT, and pocket clips are the devil). I also prefer standoffs as it’s easier to clean out then. To each our own I guess, cause what you guys would change is what drew my attention lol

In all fairness, those are super good looking standoffs and I'm not a stickler for backspacers, I just like a well done backspacer way more than any standoffs. And clipless, which this knife would certainly work for (Popov or CollectorKnives small pocket slip would probably be perfect)for pocket carry and feel better than with a weird platehole

Looks nice. I think you should inset the clip on these higher end models.
100% of the time, even if it costs another $5. A recessed clip mount would make knives like this and the Kitefin PERFECT high end daily driver kind of knives.

No! Please don't do this!

Recessing the clip on a knife like this, which is designed to allow the clip to be used on either side, usually means having an open clip recess on the show side. Most of the time, such a recess either looks ugly, creates ergonomic issues, or both. Some companies address this by using a filler plate but I might have only seen one or two knives where that ever worked with the overall aesthetics of the scale.

So long as the screws are flush and everything else is right, I am 100% fine with a tiny and often totally insignificant bump where the interior of a loop-over terminates.

No! Please don't do this!

Recessing the clip on a knife like this, which is designed to allow the clip to be used on either side, usually means having an open clip recess on the show side. Most of the time, such a recess either looks ugly, creates ergonomic issues, or both. Some companies address this by using a filler plate but I might have only seen one or two knives where that ever worked with the overall aesthetics of the scale.

So long as the screws are flush and everything else is right, I am 100% fine with a tiny and often totally insignificant bump where the interior of a loop-over terminates.

Have you seen the Osprey EDX yet? I didn't even notice the plate at first

An unused milled groove doesn't bother me. I don't need a filler plate. Look at the grooves for the lockbar relief. Do those bother you too? There's an ergonomic issue caused by having a clip that sticks up more than it needs to.

An unused milled groove doesn't bother me. I don't need a filler plate. Look at the grooves for the lockbar relief. Do those bother you too? There's an ergonomic issue caused by having a clip that sticks up more than it needs to.

In the choice between an open slot of depth X, that usually clashes with the aesthetics and occasionally does create ergonomic issues, and having the clip taller by X, I'll almost always choose the latter. As a fan of deep-carry loop-overs, it's been my experience that overall clip shape, clip placement, and context with the handle shape matter more.

If you mean the three cuts at the base of the lock bar, they don't look bad. In fact, I like the aesthetic choice here. It doesn't look like they would have a negative ergonomic impact but of course, I'd need to have it in hand to say for sure.

One thing that does bug me here are the recesses for the lanyard hole. It's not as pronounced as what you get on a Bradford Guardian but I feel that current versions of the Elementum would feel better with smooth scale there.

I think I'll spring for the blue ti version...with the holiday drain I dont really have 500 to throw at knives lol.

Yup, the blue looks really nice in the light. It sparkles. Really like the stonewash too. It's the only regular, non-black stonewash blade out of this bunch.

Does anyone know if the screws and pocket clip are also made out of titanium? Or only the handle? 🤔

Edit: KnifeCenter's page says the pocket clip is made out of titanium. Nothing about the screws...

Last edited:
This lanyard cutout is the main reason i won't spent 175$ for this knife...

This bugs me a little on the Civivi versions. It's one of two small ergonomic issues, the other being the forward jimping of the lock bar. (The proud liners could cause hot spots in theory but in practice, they don't for me. It's just the teeth protruding past the scale where the lock bar is jimped. This issue actually shows up on a lot of Civivi models.)

While the WE version takes a step forward in eliminating any forward jimping, it takes a step back by grinding out that lanyard recess. It looks like they simulated liners and that looks strange in addition to any ergonomic impact.

I like that the Flytanium scales delete this recess for the Civivi version. I can't otherwise speak to their ergonomics though because I haven't felt like sinking $64 into a sub-$100 knife. It's a shame that WE didn't go that route here. I guess I'll just remain content with my Civivi Elementum in S35VN.

Reactions: T2c
Saakshi is a upgraded elementum, don't really think the we version was necessary

Reactions: T2c
Saakshi is a upgraded elementum, don't really think the we version was necessary

I remember thinking that based on the liner lock and shadow-boxing of scales by the liners. It is different though. The blade is longer. It's also wider, which is kind of a shame. While 0.13" isn't horrible, I'd love to see more of the WE knives go with thinner stock like this version of the Elementum.

Interesting.
I wonder how the Ti Elementum will compare to the Tactile Rockwall and the (slightly larger) Quietcarry Waypoint.

Last edited:
I just received my WE Elementum with Gray Stonewashed Blade and Blue Anodized Titanium scales. It's top notch with great specs and a great price which includes premium 20CV steel.

I think they should’ve milled out the internal of the titanium scales for weight savings and brought it down under 3 ounces instead of 3.31 ounces as is. Also, the extra hole on the presentation side to move the clip detracts from aesthetics and titanium frame locks are right-handed folders anyway unless specifically left-handed models are made like by CRK. Additionally, I’m definitely not one of those who would ever use a lanyard hole.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the all Black Stonewashed version as well. Is the coating on that DLC?

1639364264336635.jpg

1639364267924541.jpg

1639364274156874.jpg

1639364277884494.jpg

Blade Length: 2.96" / 75.3mm
Blade Thickness: 0.11" / 2.7mm
Weight: 3.31oz / 93.8g

Last edited:
Back