New 14 run

Color me confused....I guess I'll play detective on my #14 knives and try to figure this out.

Hey guys. I just wanted you to know. I was poking around on my carpeted floor and I found the shield under the table. This was like the third time I looked. A very small shield and I almost missed it again but I saw it out of the corner of my eye in the high pile of my carpet. Just want to reiterate again that the dealer that I have a lot of respect for did his job! I had and have no doubt about that. There is nothing the dealer could have done in this case and I just want to repeat that as much as I can. I posted the original post to verify if others have the same no pin deal and maybe we can get a definite answer from GEC as to why. Thanks again. And I will sending the tiny shield out on Friday to the dealer. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
What's this about? Was the secodary so hot that they had to make more? I saw a $400 sale for one the bay.

They have 8 up now and more coming from GEC.
Might drop that secondary price a tad.

I wish I had the foresight to realize that the green boot SFOs were going to be probably the hottest 14 of the entire run :) Huge respect to whoever called that one ahead of time.

I said in the talk GEC thread that they made it hard on this run! So many choices, hard to choose. Some of their recent runs peaked my interest until I saw the covers or blade shapes or combinations. This runs seems to have something for most tastes. I decided to get on the reserve for the green with boot shield. I’m no cowboy but something just seemed to go together there, American knife with a cowboy boot. Seems like it’ll be a nice classic little knife by the time my grandkids get their hands on it one day.

As far as I can tell...you were the first one to chime in on the green boot SFO. Good call :)

I made no predictions, but the green boot has always been one of my favorites. Was this a new shield specifically for this SFO and does Lee have proprietary rights for future use of the shield?

46020632901_90e4f33020_b.jpg

31081888047_1bd1e02a84_b.jpg

31081888097_f83f89e29d_b.jpg

My 2 blade Northfield AYJB and I have been having lots of adventures lately.

I have been using it on squirrels (instead of my usual 54), and it also served to clean up the antlers from the buck I was lucky enough to harvest last week. I also managed to use it to slice open my right index finger! Not the knife's fault, operator error to the extreme.

I am I bit surprised to find a knife this small to be so useful. Pleasantly surprised, that is!

My 2 blade Northfield AYJB and I have been having lots of adventures lately.

I have been using it on squirrels (instead of my usual 54), and it also served to clean up the antlers from the buck I was lucky enough to harvest last week. I also managed to use it to slice open my right index finger! Not the knife's fault, operator error to the extreme.

I am I bit surprised to find a knife this small to be so useful. Pleasantly surprised, that is!
I really is a useful little knife. I like both the single and double bladed varieties of the 14 but, unfortunately, they have taken head of the line privileges over my poor Peanuts!

I made no predictions, but the green boot has always been one of my favorites. Was this a new shield specifically for this SFO and does Lee have proprietary rights for future use of the shield?
Straight from Melissa Tigner "Yes. We have trade marked this. "

Last edited:
I really is a useful little knife. I like both the single and double bladed varieties of the 14 but, unfortunately, they have taken head of the line privileges over my poor Peanuts!
I tried to use a Case peanut on squirrels and it just really wasn't enough knife for me. You need a stout blade to split that ribcage!

Back