38.91g #14 Dead Skunk Acrylic Clip
40.34g #14 Black Canvas Micarta Clip
42.36g #14 Rust Red Jig Bone Clip
37.96g #14 Rust Red Jig Bone Spear

Rust Red 2018 and 2016
Pdw5XTg.jpg

qHEluYc.jpg

By68qNM.jpg
Love this post. Thanks for posting the weights. Interesting to think about. Which of the four is your fav?

Love this post. Thanks for posting the weights. Interesting to think about. Which of the four is your fav?

At the moment the Dead Skunk, mostly because it is the easiest to pinch open. The patina definitely helps. The micarta has the heaviest pull. I still have to break in the Rust Red.

For those interested in the TFG green micarta versions, they ARE having GEC save some of them for U.S. buyers, so they don't have to pay to ship them from Germany. PM me if you are interested in more information.

Recieved mine from Gunstock Jack's today. The knife its self is flawless. Pefectly centered, excellent walk & talk, amazing f&f. I am however extemely disappointed in how light the coloring is on my example. I had spent months with images of the dark rich complexity of caramels, medium browns, and deep yellows of the autumn gold I had seen in previous 85s and 99s in my mind, so opening mine up and seeing muted oranges, light tans and off whites was a real bummer. I'll give myself a few days to think about it. If I feel the same then, I'll probably put this up on the trade exchange in hopes of getting an ironwood or smooth yellow bone.

Again though, GEC executed the knife perfectly.

Very happy with mine. I was hoping for one with a lot of variation and that's what I got. I especially like the orange streak right down the center. Everything in the F&F department is perfect.
As far as the pull goes... If my #15 clip is about a 6, and my old #14s are about a 5, then this new one is around a 4.5. It is not too light, but definitely lighter than my spears from the last run. I was kind of worried when I kept reading about 6 pulls, I was thinking that might be a little much on such a small knife.

Last edited:
Back