New 14 run

Mine shipped out Saturday and tracked to the distribution center in TX then stopped and I didn't get any more tracking until it arrived in Philadelphia Wednesday. Got worried when I got the "Item in Transit" notice from USPS for a few days.
just got mine today. overall impressed. one of the stiffer ones i think at around 7 (biting my nail some), great color; only thing is some black residue at points of shield (polish?) that I stupidly tried to get out. left tiny scratch. that's ok.
gec14&roundhead.jpg

B654B622-4183-4171-AC29-FA7083FF7C83_zpsqzz4ntpr.jpeg

just got mine today. overall impressed. one of the stiffer ones i think at around 7 (biting my nail some), great color; only thing is some black residue at points of shield (polish?) that I stupidly tried to get out. left tiny scratch. that's ok.
View attachment 989784
Laurel, you can sand that scratch right out with some 3M micron sanding papers! Do it all the time. Check on amazon for them!

Maybe it's because this thread had my expectations built up so much, but when I opened Barry's SFO I immediately thought "nice knife" and thought I'd probably end up moving it on to someone who'd appreciate it more than me.
But then I got to looking through page after page of the "Old Knives" thread, and I noticed that the knives that really caught my eye are the well-used amber bone folders.
THEN, I pulled out my grandpa's Western stockman, and noticed the shield similarity and how much I love patina on bolsters.
And after this thread confirmed the 14 has carbon bolsters, my thought process felt complete and I finally gave in to the li'l 14. Looks like I'm stuck with her now...
full

full

Rest assured the needle tip is strong on this little scrapper. I was standing on my hardwood floors opening the blade while the knife was covered in mineral oil. I got the blade open and it then flew out of my hand (more than just a drop). It was loud!....I was shocked to see the tip was there and there was no scuffs or scratches at all. My new relationship with this knife is so much stronger. If we got through this we can get through anything:D

Scene of the accident with follow up survivor pics

i1VhCX8.jpg

9QAPVQ7.jpg

Kid5odR.jpg

I’m a little confused on one aspect of the production schedule. Are there going to be two versions of the 2-bladed stag handled models?
Stag is listed as a Cripple Creek SFO and also again as a Northfield UN-X-LD. Is that a typo? They usually don’t run the same handles on an SFO and as part of the regular production knives.
Anybody know?
Also, is the Cripple Creek name owned by Smoky Mountain Knife Works?

Just pulled Franks SFO out of the tube and what a beautiful #14 clip .
Blade dead center with nice snap . The shield is nestled in with perfection Smooth transitions everywhere! Feels so nice in hand :)
Very very happy with this one :thumbsup:
Pictures really don’t do this one justice.
aWX0JCC.jpg

dZDRAUa.jpg

IQHqPHM.jpg

SIajuy1.jpg

Last edited:
I’m a little confused on one aspect of the production schedule. Are there going to be two versions of the 2-bladed stag handled models?
Stag is listed as a Cripple Creek SFO and also again as a Northfield UN-X-LD. Is that a typo? They usually don’t run the same handles on an SFO and as part of the regular production knives.
Anybody know?
Also, is the Cripple Creek name owned by Smoky Mountain Knife Works?
Shield vs no shield?

Just pulled Franks SFO out of the tube and what a beautiful #14 clip .
Blade dead center with nice snap . The shield is nestled in with perfection Smooth transitions everywhere! Feels so nice in hand :)
Very very happy with this one :thumbsup:
Pictures really don’t do this one justice.
aWX0JCC.jpg

dZDRAUa.jpg

IQHqPHM.jpg

SIajuy1.jpg
Oh man that is so sweet. :cool:

Back