New 2017 Benchmades....

Nothing that really grabs me, but I like that they have a couple of Axis lock models in S30V with more aggressive pricing than we've seen from them in the past. I suspect the 560 and 590 could do well.

My reaction so far...

[video=youtube;4zLfCnGVeL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4[/video]

781, 570, and 4400 look great. I'm hoping we see the 710 remain in the lineup with a new steel.

Stoked to see an OTF from Benchmade that isn't in D2.

NOT stoked to see that every single new knife is S30V. It's not a bad steel, but it IS old hat at this point, especially when releasing so many new models. It was already too prevalent in Benchmade's lineup, and now it's homogenizing the entire company into an "S30V-R-US" kind of feel.

Maybe they have so much S30V in stock so they must making knives with it.

I am interested to try out the 560bk... looks like good ergonomics in the handle, s30v 3.6 inch blade and weighs 3.72 oz... also the new "presidio" 5700 looks interesting. I hope they release a 5700BK w/o serrations. May add a few benchmades to my collection this year :)

I'm liking the 781, 590 and 560. I'm interested to see what the MAP price is on the 781.

The 781 looks nice, but is way expensive at $425. Nothing else catches my eye, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly my very first impressions of a few new knives:

560 = Griptilian 2.0
590 = Barrage 2.0
570 = Presidio 2.0
781 = 943 version 2.0

Looks like they are taking the same blades, altering the handles a tad and reissuing as a new design. My favorite is the 781 with the titanium handles, but the MSRP puts it out of my range. Hopefully a sculpted G10 version of the 781 is in the cards for later.

Also nothing below 3.5" blade length. Needs more 3.25" blades to fit in 4.3" handles (one of my favorite size categories).

So far too much S30V with all of the angles and swoops. The Sound of Silence suits the mood alright. Is anyone listening up there? Nothing friendly here.

Yep.. not actually new designs. Just modified existing ones. Disappointed in the S30V steel choice and the two tone handles.

I do like the 781 and the Ritter Grip blade style but not enough to justify buying either of these.

I saw the 781 and thought it was cool, but like was said at that price it better be as well made as a Midtech.

Honestly my very first impressions of a few new knives:

560 = Griptilian 2.0
590 = Barrage 2.0
570 = Presidio 2.0
781 = 943 version 2.0

That's the same thing I thought as well. I like the 781 but have no interest in one piece titanium or that price range.

Back