New 2017 Benchmades....

I'm sure I'll be buying some Benchmades this year. They just won't be either from the new line-up or new at all. I'll just keep filling in the holes in the old-school Benchmade collection.

Really hard to figure what's up with them. Is their market share in the big box sporting goods stores driving this? Between their discontinuations and the "new" meh models, it sure doesn't seem that the goal is to appeal to knife guys.

The only thing I can figure is that us hardcore fanatics are just a drop in the bucket of their overall sales. I might try one or two out eventually. There is a new 707 SHOT knife I'll be getting for sure.

I'm wondering what the fan-boys over at the Benchmade Forum think of all this. They're usually so undyingly loyal to BM but we're seeing good old knives gone, new knives that are re-hashes or dull (at least figuratively), and big price jumps all at once. Could be too much to take even for those dudes.

There's a couple guys that seemed excited. Everyone else was pretty much in agreement that most of the new stuff was pretty bland. The new Bali has a lot of buzz, but that's not anything I'm interested in. The ridiculous price on the 781 is pretty much what bummed me out. It's not like I can't afford it, just don't think it's worth it.

I'm wondering what the fan-boys over at the Benchmade Forum think of all this. They're usually so undyingly loyal to BM but we're seeing good old knives gone, new knives that are re-hashes or dull (at least figuratively), and big price jumps all at once. Could be too much to take even for those dudes.

Weird post to bash Benchmade fans in a Benchmade forum. Passive aggressive or did this get moved here?

Oh, I see. I've never checked it out. I can imagine a dedicated forum would be more intense.

I like most of the new knives. Lots of blue! Benchmades are awesome when the blades are centered. The prices are almost always a show-stopper for me. I can't wait to buy one on clearance. :) I just ordered my first 710 for $120. I'm pretty excited about the knife, except for the D2 steel (humid environment). It only took 5 years to find one on sale.:rolleyes:

I would think they would of put a bit more emphasis on CPM-20CV this year however it seems not ,shame I am loving that steel ATM.

Heck I'm going to buy a 710 as soon as I can, before they are all gone. That will keep me happy. The Presidio 2 might be interesting so I'll give that a whirl perhaps.

Of the 31 new models listed, 15 are autos.
So I legally cannot own almost half of these knives.
None of the others offer anything you can't already get from benchmade, except the integral.

Hopefully they have some exciting mid-year releases.

Heck I'm going to buy a 710 as soon as I can, before they are all gone. That will keep me happy. The Presidio 2 might be interesting so I'll give that a whirl perhaps.

I love the 710 and have three--2 of the standard models in black G10 and D2, one of which is a user modded with stand-offs and the other all but LNIB as well as a -1401. Still, at 120 bucks I'm tempted to buy another while they last, although I should really hold off and keep searching for other variants.

The 781 is what stood out to me and is priced near the Spydie Nirvana integral

425.00 wow! that's sticker shock. love the blade steel handle design,but that's really pushing the envelope when it comes to price.:eek::eek:

I thought the 781 was kind of interesting, but I thought the same about the Nirvana. Oddly it might be the Axis lock that makes me like the 781 over the Nirvana.

Back