New 2019 products; Gemini

Looks like BHQ is releasing the CF version today. I believe it's exclusive to them. Wonder about the micarta version.

Looks like BHQ is releasing the CF version today. I believe it's exclusive to them. Wonder about the micarta version.

An exclusive needs a big market like the USA. I looked at taking it as an exclusive earlier in the year but the minimum run was about USD$20,000. That's a lot to have tied up in one knife and the Australian market is just not big enough. We would be selling them for the next ten years.

I guess if they have the funds to do the minimum run they could also get an exclusive on the micarta as well.

Reactions: AF
My BHQ Gemini should arrive Monday. Theirs is shred CF, which I’m guessing is what is exclusive to them?

My BHQ Gemini should arrive Monday. Theirs is shred CF, which I’m guessing is what is exclusive to them?

You would think so as a logical conclusion. It's certainly not the checkerboard or striped carbon fiber like the first photo posted - and not what I saw at the SHOT Show this year.

But when I asked Kizer they seemed completely ignorant of what the hell is going on with this. I might have to escalate it up the chain to the Sales Manager to get an answer.....

Srs8ia4702-pyibKagvgAtDul_DXlygPKad-WF4Q7s7WRBakNDZStNjwuQvwvmicT9WSbfSu4rm6JdfcwhU1aoFs2zKzBLt57wg3RTIFWK65sJzi27UAHAmSEUkWiCdus2vLO4Jk3P-B6VQhzf3bQ-6izVZEz0z3Uwfo22_CXw6wQa89vowldMN7Q2__dEu8u-1p_EvQkboqYzGWyUfqqJbzsfP4VJl6pqthQcaf5DbslO51WeFAMRhfd_kRI2C5Hbjcf3LwKSaGIFRitu6SdCkuX0XxcezxWtTGsGzF8igargZmGZdKGuBSGe-Xvf0SoYkeVkeH2nPYtVyQskONU_WVUttmVwhtICJfVVrAeGUuagYJhSTg6HgMUjuvgjLqWZs3OmMj_H9cLX6nLGsAoSkiJMY2SdwSuIvKVXdOqP7DTKMiW6XwxxbrynD0cihILIOc18zJLZ0Q4z7I25ZABl_FpbfKeuOjH1nE5z2FlrBdz30yAGm8SCQRMdOoD7lip8wXP3WxIxpyzWDB-SEWORpXkcJbsqVM-suqHChjatQpY2zFo4r-8xSnvT_3AzaZxdSSPPIQaqqQYyibFqw-11IVCZhBjkraOn3Kzt9F5Z_x4TpRYEiwRvllLT2CAYCZZxsoUMr2i2b3TZMHO3pbDZM-9Gpc2uidV-1dGkW-xAj2agkTEQijJU7U38a2UKnM5mKyTjDe52_-Eh74QjcPeOxw1A=w2664-h1778-no

Finally got some clarification from Kizer; but from the answer they'll probably let BladeHQ have a lot of time to sell their model first -

"now not sure we will produce these Geminis or not, but BladeHQ doesn't have an exclusive on these three models now"

Looks like BladeHQ also did the Feist as an exclusive. Also in the shred Carbon Fiber. They must have a big cash flow to afford those big runs of knives. But then the US has 320 million people so it's a really big local market to sell into.

Back