New 212 in D2

Anyone else get the email about the new offering from SK Blades, Buck 212 in D2 and burgundy micarta?

Been thinking I needed to see what the 212 is all about and with D2 and burgundy micarta this might be the time to go for it. The photo looks like wood scales to my eye so hopefully before the preorders start they’ll have an updated photo. Wasn’t sure on the price either?

For you folks who have a 212 what are your thoughts on the knife overall as far as where it fits in your box of tools? I like to see folks like SK bring us these, not so standard offerings. I just wish they’d do some in ATS-34. I’ve got a thing for that steel.

Whoops! Just saw this thread.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sk-blades-2019-lineup-212-release-date.1642333/page-2

I have some in W2, is there an advantage of D2?

I have some in W2, is there an advantage of D2?
I’m not familiar enough with either steel to say. I know when I first got into knifes back in the early 80’s I read about D2 tool steel as being a popular steel for knives. Maybe not production knives but semi custom/custom.

I did not get an email today.

I did not get an email today.

I think I'll stick with my SK Blades 'Lil Jack 112 with D2 blade.
I don't think I really.need or will carry a 212.

It’s really a beautiful version of a fantastic sized knife for edc.

I'm thinking about getting a 212 or a 113 since they are close in size to a 112..A small fixed blade has intrigued me as a EDC option with a horizontal or front pocket shieth. I thought for a while Buck would make a fixed blade 112 when the 110 version came out.

Back