NEW 4.7 Thread

HK: it must have something to do with the Cerakoting and the fact that S!K is trying to avoid the sheath scratching the blade. I swapped around yesterday and the sheath for the CFV is too loose for the 3V and in fact it rattled more. The other way around the CFV sheathed very tightly and I now have a slight drag mark on the logo side, but it is ever so slight which doesn't bother me.

Interesting. So it is definitely formed differently. Thank you.

That's interesting... the sheaths are "factory-built", I wouldn't have expected them to mold one model with the CFV and one with the 3V, though I would expect that the knife is left un-sharpened either way as it is a sheath-template.

A quick suggestion: try mounting the firesteel loop on the spine-side of the 3V sheath at the same height you have it now, and tighten down hard to see if the bolt can squeeze the kydex tighter against the spine & tip of the knife. When a knife rattles, it's usually because the far end needs a little more securing... *shrug*

But now that there is a scratch in the cerakote, time to make a mess of that pretty face :D

j/k not every knife needs to be beaten ;)

Eagerly awaiting my 3v 4.7... and having trouble not buying more knives during the wait!

That's interesting... the sheaths are "factory-built", I wouldn't have expected them to mold one model with the CFV and one with the 3V, though I would expect that the knife is left un-sharpened either way as it is a sheath-template.

A quick suggestion: try mounting the firesteel loop on the spine-side of the 3V sheath at the same height you have it now, and tighten down hard to see if the bolt can squeeze the kydex tighter against the spine & tip of the knife. When a knife rattles, it's usually because the far end needs a little more securing... *shrug*

But now that there is a scratch in the cerakote, time to make a mess of that pretty face :D

j/k not every knife needs to be beaten ;)

Eagerly awaiting my 3v 4.7... and having trouble not buying more knives during the wait!

It's actually the CFV which rattles but I will try that suggestion when I send the $$ over to you and receive the other set of the UKE for this CroFurge V set up :)

Otherwise, there is really not a scratch but just a faint drag line which needs to concentrate on to notice ;)

Trouble? I'm totally failing at it lol. Don't give in, nothing is taking the edge off.

I have my eyes set on NTM Field Knife. For those who like to be keeping scores, there is NOT going to be any Light Choppers or Field Knives for sale on this Friday, 6/17. Nathan will be offering some Potato knives at 2:45 PM Easters on the Knife makers / Fixed Blade sub forum.

Has anyone been in contact with SK lately? I'm trying to update my shipping address for the 4.7 I pre-ordered back in December. I've sent two emails in the last 2-3 weeks.

I ordered a 3V with green linen hanels. I'm looking forward to using it out in the woods since camping and hiking is finally available to me again.

Has anyone been in contact with SK lately? I'm trying to update my shipping address for the 4.7 I pre-ordered back in December. I've sent two emails in the last 2-3 weeks.

I ordered a 3V with green linen hanels. I'm looking forward to using it out in the woods since camping and hiking is finally available to me again.

You may want to call them up bud. There's a chance that your email was sent to the junk bin on accident.

You may want to call them up bud. There's a chance that your email was sent to the junk bin on accident.

+1 and keep calling if you don't get an answer. Otherwise I'll have to them them that you've moved to my address....

They published an out-of-office schedule for pretty much most of June. Someone is out, between Guy and Ellie, or both for a good deal, going back to early June. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

Just FYI, just a few cliff notes:

- Their workshop and office will not firing on all cylinders in this month of June because of personal and family reasons (it had been posted on this subforum a few times)

- Ellie who handles email is behind with addressing the email which go to Survive! directly through their website. If you have FB or IG, try to reach out to her on those Social Media networks!

- As others have already mentioned, you may want to contact them by phone instead. Keep trying if no one picks up because from what she had mentioned, she has a friend in town this week.

The one at the very end, which looks like it is almost about to fall off the edge of the workbench must be yours! :D

Nobody comment on how damn long it takes to line them all up. Coulda sharpened 2 of 'em in the amount of time it took to do that.

I'm kidding. Attention to detail never stops.

Nobody comment on how damn long it takes to line them all up. Coulda sharpened 2 of 'em in the amount of time it took to do that.

I'm kidding. Attention to detail never stops.

Hahaha!! Guy is a lefty so I know how much it would bug him if they're not laid out correctly.

Those look so good even unfinished. I don't believe I've ever been as excited to get a specific blade in my hands as the 4.7.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to sort through all the emails. I will try to have a look out for it tonight/tomorrow. I'm in and out of the shop this week and the guys can't hear the phone over the workshop noise so calling may or may not be as direct as it usually is. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, send me a message here with your order # and new address. Guy is in charge of the instagram so that won't get you very far when it comes to needing order updates, it is like going through a middle man.

Back