1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

NEW 4.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by OBX351, May 30, 2016.

1. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I received a shipping notice yesterday! :thumbup:

2. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Waiting on my 4.7 2nd from October as well.....maybe I'll get a shipping notice soon as well.

3. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Fancier, great news!!!!! Obviously good news for you. Getting the last of the 4.7s out will be a pretty sweet accomplishment for the team in the shop as well.

nd, I hope you get the email you're hoping for soon!

4. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    Yes there are quite a few of us in this neck of the woods, with some heads up I'm certainly up to it. Unfortunately not much for timber and good off trail camping in my immediate area. I see Bryan is just north of the Ozarks Lake area, beautiful land down that way.

5. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    As the informercial patter says, "But wait, there's more!"
    I snagged one of the last 4.7 in 3V last month as well, and I figure when they ship THAT one they'll be just about finished with this round of the various 4.7 versions.
    I wonder how long it will take before they put the next run of 4.7 on the schedule? ;)

6. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Man, I really hope that they wait a long while before starting another run of those - the bastards gummed up the whole production line!! :p That said, I've been strongly considering selling my mint factory-first 3V 4.7 to someone desperate to own one and just bide my time waiting for something to crop up, like an ugly betty. I may be crazy, but I am suspicious that the "ugly betty" and "factory second" sales may become a thing of the past...

7. Angry Hippie

Angry Hippie

May 21, 2016
    Chiral, why do you think UB's and F2nd sales will be a thing of the past?

8. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Received a shipping notice when I checked my email.....Wahoo.

9. OBX351

OBX351 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2014
    C.G - would you care if you got a CFV or a 3v? I am not selling any, just asking if you have a preference and why.

10. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    3V, I already own the CFV from the pre-production sample i reviewed, though that one is currently on loan :) I've been keeping my 3V 4.7 untouched while waiting for my D3V 4.1. But given the lack of damage seen on my 3V 5.1 pounding through sheet metal, I may have to get somewhat more dramatic to actualize a difference in edge-performance between 3V and D3V from S!K.

I have no special knowledge, but i have a hunch that the high number of Factory 2nds seen this past year were in part due to lack of time for Guy to go back and give them that extra touch to make them just right for factory "firsts". S!K was swamped with 4.7s and had offered too many sale-versions of their models that they lost all control of their delivery estimates. Once the offending 4.7s are all shipped and Guy and Ellie feel a bit more caught-up, will we ever see another factory 2nd? *shrug*
    As for Ugly Betty's, how many non-CFV bettys have there been? It seems like the damage that makes for a Betty (not easily fixed in the S!K shop) is a piece that Guy and Ellie could send back to the machinists for a refund.
    In wanting S!K to succeed, I hope they never feel the need to discount another knife and so lose money on it. That said, I love a good discount myself, and am really not fit for factory first knives since all I do is mess them up :D

Here's hoping that all those with 4.7s pending get them soon, and Happy New Year!

11. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Ima put this in another thread as well, but Chiral, this seems to tie in to your above post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I've kept it far too long my friend. The struggles against our winter have proven very hard to get the test in I wanted. It is not forgotten and I'm going to owe you big time by the time you get it back!!!

13. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    No rush! I've been buried in work and have plenty of other knives to keep me company, i assure you :cool: Deal with your winter, and enjoy the knife when you get a chance :thumbup:

14. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    You are very gracious CG. I appreciate that no end.

15. OBX351

OBX351 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2014

16. Karoi

Karoi Unobtanium Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2014
    My 4.7 factory 2nd in CPM 154 arrived yesterday :D
    Unfortunately the last pair of ghost jade scales they had in stock came with a bowdrill divot, but I think I can live with it.

[​IMG]

The S!Ks addiction has set in.....

17. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012

18. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Nice and clean! Congrats man!

19. sfrigon1

sfrigon1

Oct 2, 2016