NEW 4.7 Thread

My 4.7 factory 2nd in CPM 154 arrived yesterday :D
Unfortunately the last pair of ghost jade scales they had in stock came with a bowdrill divot, but I think I can live with it.

32052972820_cfbb4efaf9_b.jpg

The S!Ks addiction has set in.....

I got to get some jade scales they are really nice looking!

I received my F2 4.7 in 20cv that I ordered in October back in November. Haven't heard anything about my F2 4.7 in 3v that I ordered the first week of December or the F2 4.1 I ordered in October. That being said I did pickup a F1 4.7 in Cru Forge V off the FB Survive! Page for a screaming deal that I got in the mail two days ago. Thank goodness I have a dozen Survive! Knives to keep me busy while I wait. I think I'd go insane. Love the 4.7's but also really like all of the models. Haven't found one I don't like yet.

Nice and clean! Congrats man!

That's awesome I've always wanted a sk in 154 ...congrats

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to seeing how the PHT version of this steel will perform. It came with an extremely sharp edge!

I got to get some jade scales they are really nice looking!

Ghost jade is a nice change from the usual stuff. When the 4.1s become available, I'd like to get one with bone linen scales.

I received my F2 4.7 in 20cv that I ordered in October back in November. Haven't heard anything about my F2 4.7 in 3v that I ordered the first week of December or the F2 4.1 I ordered in October. That being said I did pickup a F1 4.7 in Cru Forge V off the FB Survive! Page for a screaming deal that I got in the mail two days ago. Thank goodness I have a dozen Survive! Knives to keep me busy while I wait. I think I'd go insane. Love the 4.7's but also really like all of the models. Haven't found one I don't like yet.

I have pretty much the exact same orders that you do, except that my F2 4.7 in 20CV ordered in October arrived last week and not in November.

I have both the 3v and CFV versions of the 4.7 and I find that I am reaching out for my CFV more than my 3v. I don't know why, maybe becasue I love the look of the coated CFV or because I really do love a good high carbon steel knife. I've also found that CFV really does take some abuse very well.

Are you finding that as well?? Comments/thoughts??

Silver, I have one of the last 2nd 4.7 in 3V on order from the first week of December.

Yes, I am waiting on 2 4.7s CFV seconds from back in Dec around the same time as Munzer ordered his.

Sorry to hear that, guys. I appreciate the update.

Fancier, I'll consider you to have the last one around here. Once we have confirmation from you, we can consider the 4.7's closed out.

Still waiting on a CPM154 4.7 ordered 10/19/16 and a F2nd 3V ordered 11/23/16. I Contacted them about both knives a few days after the 90 days for the CPM154 and a few days after the 15-30 business days for the 3V and was told the CPM154 was going to be 1-2 weeks late and they would be caught up on all 4.7s by the end of the month. Still nothing.

All this talk of CruV 4.7's makes me wish they'd do a run of CruV 5.1's.
I LOVE my CruV 4.7. Even though I've gotten my 3V now. For some reason, the CruV just seems to work better. Even in the age of all these super (stain-less) steels, I find myself more drawn to the performance provided by carbon steels. And I realize 3V isn't stainless. But it is stain-less enough it doesn't require a coating. But… my experience with CruV in the 4.7 has been very satisfying.

Back