NEW 4.7 Thread

Still waiting on a CPM154 4.7 ordered 10/19/16 and a F2nd 3V ordered 11/23/16. I Contacted them about both knives a few days after the 90 days for the CPM154 and a few days after the 15-30 business days for the 3V and was told the CPM154 was going to be 1-2 weeks late and they would be caught up on all 4.7s by the end of the month. Still nothing.
I had a 2nd 4.7 20CV that was ordered in early October that arrived a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, the wait is frustrating but they do seem to be making progress.

I'm more frustrated with the constant lying from them over not having the knives I ordered. I have other knives. I just don't get it. Over and over again, they fail to finish when they say they will. It's like they have learned nothing about how bad it hurts business when you consistently mislead people. Their knives used to sell out in a matter of minutes when they had weekly sales and now it takes hours and sometimes days or weeks.

Just got an email my cru-forge 4.7 shipped!! I think I ordered it mid sept, site said 30 days to ship..

i had a 2nd 4.7 20cv that was ordered in early october that arrived a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, the wait is frustrating but they do seem to be making progress.

just got an email my cru-forge 4.7 shipped!! I think i ordered it mid sept, site said 30 days to ship..

just got a shipping notice for the cpm154 ordered 10/19/16. Still waiting on the f2nd 3v.

this is awesome!!!!!!!!

I do appreciate everybody that has confirmed that their orders, while delayed, did eventually ship.

Got my shipping notice today on the Cru Forge V 4.7. Ordered Sep 15/16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this talk of CruV 4.7's makes me wish they'd do a run of CruV 5.1's.
I LOVE my CruV 4.7. Even though I've gotten my 3V now. For some reason, the CruV just seems to work better. Even in the age of all these super (stain-less) steels, I find myself more drawn to the performance provided by carbon steels. And I realize 3V isn't stainless. But it is stain-less enough it doesn't require a coating. But… my experience with CruV in the 4.7 has been very satisfying.

Amen to that!!!! I love CVF and I told Ellie a little while ago that I would order all my favorite S!K large knives, 5.1, 7/7 and maybe a 10 or a 12, in CVF the second they announced it. The problem with the steel is that it twists in heat treat and is therefore harder to manufacture than the other steels they use. Maybe some day but until then I am going to cherish my 4.7 cfv!!!

I'm more frustrated with the constant lying from them over not having the knives I ordered. I have other knives. I just don't get it. Over and over again, they fail to finish when they say they will. It's like they have learned nothing about how bad it hurts business when you consistently mislead people. Their knives used to sell out in a matter of minutes when they had weekly sales and now it takes hours and sometimes days or weeks.

I know Guy and Ellie and they aren't lying to you, but I can understand your frustration. Just call them and get your money back. If you still want one look on the secondary market. I see one or two every week or every other week in the 3 feeds that I look at (for sale forums here, ebay and S!K friends facebook). FYI, the old gen GSOs are still great knives they just don't look as nice but they still work as well.

OBX351, thanks for the tips, I almost asked for a refund several times, I didn't see how the wait could possibly be worth it, but I figured I'd wait to cancel until at least one of the 4 knives I ordered came so I could see for myself what all the fuss was about. I received a shipping notice Thursday, for the CPM 154 4.7 and just got the mail and opened the box ten minutes ago. WOW! This is a nice knife, it blows Bark River out of the water. I will be shutting my mouth now and waiting patiently for the other 4.7, 4.1 and 8. This has been the most frustrating buying experience I've had for anything I've ever purchased and I honestly thought I was just going to sell most of these after I got them because it wasn't worth the wait and I've seen what they go for on eBay. I think I'll keep them now. I was wrong, you guys were right, it's worth the wait.

Yep. The 4.7 has that effect. It also puts a grin on your face every time you pick it up.

OBX351, thanks for the tips, I almost asked for a refund several times, I didn't see how the wait could possibly be worth it, but I figured I'd wait to cancel until at least one of the 4 knives I ordered came so I could see for myself what all the fuss was about. I received a shipping notice Thursday, for the CPM 154 4.7 and just got the mail and opened the box ten minutes ago. WOW! This is a nice knife, it blows Bark River out of the water. I will be shutting my mouth now and waiting patiently for the other 4.7, 4.1 and 8. This has been the most frustrating buying experience I've had for anything I've ever purchased and I honestly thought I was just going to sell most of these after I got them because it wasn't worth the wait and I've seen what they go for on eBay. I think I'll keep them now. I was wrong, you guys were right, it's worth the wait.

Nice and congrats on your 4.7! I don't think any of us will argue that waiting for our knives and the regular delays from Survive! is sometimes frustrating. However, none of will argue that when the knives are in our hands, whether they are F1's, F2's, or Ugly Betty's the knives are awesome. I'm still waiting for a F2 4.7 in 3v and a F2 4.1, but at least I have a few others to keep me busy while I await the shipping notices. Enjoy your 4.7 and post up some pics when you use it :)

Angry Hippie, great news! 154 has landed in Wisconsin!

I won't say that the moving target of projected delivery times helps PR, but there is a certain feeling when that knife arrives in all its glory.

Looking forward to pics and your thoughts of this steel :thumbup:

Glad to hear it was worth the wait for you Angry Hippie! Does this mean you're a Happy Hippie now :p
It was also frustrating for me because not only did I have the 17 month wait for my 4.7 preorder, I had been wanting to get my hands on a S!K for at least a year prior to ordering it!!

At least have something we can enjoy in the meantime whilst waiting for the other models, and their production seems to be improving in any case :)

AH - I am glad you got your knife! It took me a LONG time to get my first GSO. It was a 6 and like you I thought I would sell it but I fell in love with it and S!Ks. Please use your knife and tell us about it good or bad and if you want join the group and get your Survive # from Silver.

This sub forum is very depressing. It's like watching paint dry or the second coming of Christ. I'm glad I got my refund. I can't believe how loyal survive knives customers are.

This sub forum is very depressing. It's like watching paint dry or the second coming of Christ. I'm glad I got my refund. I can't believe how loyal survive knives customers are.

The good news is that there is a whole other knife world out there for you to enjoy. Here's a link to General Knife Discussion. No need for you to waste any more time in here.

Back