1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW 4.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by OBX351, May 30, 2016.

1. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I had a 2nd 4.7 20CV that was ordered in early October that arrived a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, the wait is frustrating but they do seem to be making progress.

2. Angry Hippie

Angry Hippie

May 21, 2016
    I'm more frustrated with the constant lying from them over not having the knives I ordered. I have other knives. I just don't get it. Over and over again, they fail to finish when they say they will. It's like they have learned nothing about how bad it hurts business when you consistently mislead people. Their knives used to sell out in a matter of minutes when they had weekly sales and now it takes hours and sometimes days or weeks.

3. NXPRSS

NXPRSS

Feb 15, 2015
    Just got an email my cru-forge 4.7 shipped!! I think I ordered it mid sept, site said 30 days to ship..

4. Angry Hippie

Angry Hippie

May 21, 2016
    Just got a shipping notice for the CPM154 ordered 10/19/16. Still waiting on the F2nd 3V.

5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    this is awesome!!!!!!!!

6. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I do appreciate everybody that has confirmed that their orders, while delayed, did eventually ship.

7. ATVGuy

ATVGuy

Oct 27, 2016
    Got my shipping notice today on the Cru Forge V 4.7. Ordered Sep 15/16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. OBX351

OBX351 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Amen to that!!!! I love CVF and I told Ellie a little while ago that I would order all my favorite S!K large knives, 5.1, 7/7 and maybe a 10 or a 12, in CVF the second they announced it. The problem with the steel is that it twists in heat treat and is therefore harder to manufacture than the other steels they use. Maybe some day but until then I am going to cherish my 4.7 cfv!!!

9. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    I haven't received my noticed but was told that my 2 CFV 4.7s would ship pretty soon.

10. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    I know Guy and Ellie and they aren't lying to you, but I can understand your frustration. Just call them and get your money back. If you still want one look on the secondary market. I see one or two every week or every other week in the 3 feeds that I look at (for sale forums here, ebay and S!K friends facebook). FYI, the old gen GSOs are still great knives they just don't look as nice but they still work as well.

11. Angry Hippie

Angry Hippie

May 21, 2016
    OBX351, thanks for the tips, I almost asked for a refund several times, I didn't see how the wait could possibly be worth it, but I figured I'd wait to cancel until at least one of the 4 knives I ordered came so I could see for myself what all the fuss was about. I received a shipping notice Thursday, for the CPM 154 4.7 and just got the mail and opened the box ten minutes ago. WOW! This is a nice knife, it blows Bark River out of the water. I will be shutting my mouth now and waiting patiently for the other 4.7, 4.1 and 8. This has been the most frustrating buying experience I've had for anything I've ever purchased and I honestly thought I was just going to sell most of these after I got them because it wasn't worth the wait and I've seen what they go for on eBay. I think I'll keep them now. I was wrong, you guys were right, it's worth the wait.

12. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Yep. The 4.7 has that effect. It also puts a grin on your face every time you pick it up.

13. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    Nice and congrats on your 4.7! I don't think any of us will argue that waiting for our knives and the regular delays from Survive! is sometimes frustrating. However, none of will argue that when the knives are in our hands, whether they are F1's, F2's, or Ugly Betty's the knives are awesome. I'm still waiting for a F2 4.7 in 3v and a F2 4.1, but at least I have a few others to keep me busy while I await the shipping notices. Enjoy your 4.7 and post up some pics when you use it :)

14. khukoo head

khukoo head Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Angry Hippie, you just impressed the hell out of me with that post! Respect.

15. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Angry Hippie, great news! 154 has landed in Wisconsin!

I won't say that the moving target of projected delivery times helps PR, but there is a certain feeling when that knife arrives in all its glory.

Looking forward to pics and your thoughts of this steel :thumbup:

16. Karoi

Karoi Unobtanium Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Glad to hear it was worth the wait for you Angry Hippie! Does this mean you're a Happy Hippie now :p
    It was also frustrating for me because not only did I have the 17 month wait for my 4.7 preorder, I had been wanting to get my hands on a S!K for at least a year prior to ordering it!!

At least have something we can enjoy in the meantime whilst waiting for the other models, and their production seems to be improving in any case :)

17. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    +1.

It definitely makes it easier to see what all the fuss is about once you get one in hand.

18. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    AH - I am glad you got your knife! It took me a LONG time to get my first GSO. It was a 6 and like you I thought I would sell it but I fell in love with it and S!Ks. Please use your knife and tell us about it good or bad and if you want join the group and get your Survive # from Silver.

19. Darth Viking

Darth Viking Banned BANNED

Feb 4, 2017
    This sub forum is very depressing. It's like watching paint dry or the second coming of Christ. I'm glad I got my refund. I can't believe how loyal survive knives customers are.

20. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    The good news is that there is a whole other knife world out there for you to enjoy. Here's a link to General Knife Discussion. No need for you to waste any more time in here.