NEW 4.7 Thread

I took the scales off and it does have the extra hole drilled. Is that how they are marking the 2nds now?

The most recent seconds will be marked as such under the Flag. Perhaps the last of the 154CMs were etched before they went with that system, and so were marked under the scale. Nice knife BTW. Should serve really well in that steel.

rc51kid, that is really interesting. As far as I knew, a hole drilled all the way through was an indication of steel type. Does yours have a little divot pressed into the steel anywhere under the scales?

Great pics, by the way. Enjoy that sweet knife!

Does yours have a little divot pressed into the steel anywhere under the scales?

Good catch. I read too fast and had 'divot' in my mind, but he definitely did say that there's a hole drilled, and you're right that should be steel-type. Interesting.

Yep, a through and through hole is to denote steel type. If it were a Factory 2nd it would say so under the flag. Are you sure you ordered a 2nd? The CFV knives are priced a bit cheaper than the CPMs, because of the more simple build options.

^^^^Now that would be a real tragedy. Thinking you paid for a factory second when you really ordered a first!

Let us know what your situation is when you get the chance, rc.

I believe the last 4.7 thread is dead and I started this one in hopes to resurrect the original 4.7 post.

I was lucky enough to get a pre-production sample Cru Forge V and so far it's my new favorite knife. In general I am not a fan of coated blades but this one doesn't seem to drag. Guy has done a great job re contouring the handles, they are even better than the new 5.1. But I've been accused of being a "fan boy" so I'd love to hear people's comments, reviews and opinions of this new knife and design. Come one come all, be positive, neutral or negative but let's keep the discussion about the knife. If you have any issues about other things please start a new thread.

From another thread but here's how it looks compared to some other S!Ks

1. So one pic of 4.7 before cerekote:)
  2. one pic of what happens to cerekote before selling to me:eek:
  3. one pic of what happens when i get a GSO 4.7 :D
WBoj9mGm.png
qm3zKw1m.jpg
vn0QAkwm.jpg

after a couple attempts at posting , this worked best
thats why i edited a few times and posted these pics 2x.

Last edited:
I know I know, pics or it didn't happen, but man it feels good to have a 4.7 in hand again.
I dare say I like the size better than the 5.1,,, will post pics later but for now it's in my console as my truck knife :thumbsup:

I know I know, pics or it didn't happen, but man it feels good to have a 4.7 in hand again.
I dare say I like the size better than the 5.1,,, will post pics later but for now it's in my console as my truck knife :thumbsup:

Nice!! I'm with you, I like the feel of the 4.7 over the 5.1. Did you sell one and then land another?

ETA: Woohoo! You landed that CFV!! Congrats brother!

Last edited:
Nice!! I'm with you, I like the feel of the 4.7 over the 5.1. Did you sell one and then land another?

ETA: Woohoo! You landed that CFV!! Congrats brother!
So I handled a 4.7 in grogs passaround,, then saw one come up at a smoking price and couldn't pass it up

That was a screaming deal. I think there's still another cfv listed that's unsold for a bit more money though. I'm in selling mode right now or I'd think about it. That one of chiral's I got to try was a nice blade, and I'm glad Guy ran this model in a few different steels.

Was in the Mojave desert out in Nevada from last Thursday to this Tuesday for a four day Frontsight course. We camped outside the facility and brought a few knives. I brought my 4.1 in D3V, 4.7 in 20cv, and a CPK EDC in D3V. After a 12 hour drive there and 9 hours of firearms training each day it was nice to setup a fire and watch the sunrise and sunset.

Was in the Mojave desert out in Nevada from last Thursday to this Tuesday for a four day Frontsight course. We camped outside the facility and brought a few knives. I brought my 4.1 in D3V, 4.7 in 20cv, and a CPK EDC in D3V. After a 12 hour drive there and 9 hours of firearms training each day it was nice to setup a fire and watch the sunrise and sunset.

That sounds great. I want to take a shooting course with my son. Any other details you could share or suggest? PM me with info if you could.

That sounds great. I want to take a shooting course with my son. Any other details you could share or suggest? PM me with info if you could.
I posted a personal message on your profile. You can look up the courses they offer on Frontsight's webpage and disregard the prices for each individual class. I would buy a membership for $50-$300 that offers lifetime classes at their facility. It's ultimately that cost plus a $50 background check and you can attend any of their classes. Some guy on eBay is selling them for $45 for the Diamond Memberships. Honestly, even if you only use it once it pays for itself because the classes are top notch. We did the 4 day Defensive Handgun course and it was very organized and well run with some of the best instructors I've seen in the 20 years I've been training. Personally, I bought the Commander membership which offers 40% off all gear, 10% off ammo, purchase guns at cost, and unlimited classes for life. You can stay right outside the facility whether it be camping or trailer or stay in the town of Pahrump, NV at the Saddle West hotel for $55 a night.

Email me if you have any questions.

I am not good with updates, but has it been announced when the 4.7's will be available again for purchase?

Back