New Adamas

Brummie

Gold Member
I don't buy many Benchmade knives, but I just saw the new Adamas that's coming out in CruWear, and it's tempting.

Does anyone know why the Auto version appears to be significantly lighter in the specs? The blade seems to be the same dimensions, so I presume it must be the liners. Are they thinner in the Auto, or does the inclusion of a spring mean the liners are more skeletonized?

For the most part I've stayed away from Benchmade for a few years. However.

I just ordered the gray cerakote version. Had to do it. Found if for about $190 at a retailer. I can't resist. It's the first new release ive been excited for in a few years and I've always enjoyed the axis lock.

Great size, materials and specs.

I didn't even realize there was an auto version. That might be next.

Last edited:
For the most part I've stayed away from Benchmade for a few years. However.

I just ordered the gray cerakote version. Had to do it. Found if for about $190 at a retailer. I can't resist. It's the first new release ive been excited for in a few years and I've always enjoyed the axis lock.

Great size, materials and specs.

I didn't even realize there was an auto version. That might be next.

Great minds think alike. I was never interested in the original Adamas - too heavy and not an interesting steel, but with the upgrades it suddenly appeals.

And I tend to see Benchmade in general as not very exciting knives that are overpriced, but they hit the odd one out the park. I love the leuku as a cheap and practical fixed blade.

The new adamas series is gonna be awesome, i wanted to get a gray mini, but pulled trigger on sjot show mini freek so itll have to wait

I don't buy many Benchmade knives, but I just saw the new Adamas that's coming out in CruWear, and it's tempting.

Does anyone know why the Auto version appears to be significantly lighter in the specs? The blade seems to be the same dimensions, so I presume it must be the liners. Are they thinner in the Auto, or does the inclusion of a spring mean the liners are more skeletonized?

I can only assume, that a portion of the weight loss would be between the extra metal cut out of the knife for the automatic spring (the blade is very thick), and IIRC, the auto version's blade is a little "pointier." Maybe to lighten the blade's inertia for the auto spring?

Also, I think the brown grips are coated and black underneath. I was going to grab an Adamas and reshape the handle to my preference, but decided not to after handling one. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't fit my needs.

Last edited:
I love my mini, the cru wear is the truth. My first knife in this steel and it sharpens so easily. This one is a home run. Now a g 10 bailout in cruwear needs to be next.

I can only assume, that a portion of the weightloss would be between the extra metal cut out of the knife for the automatic spring (the blade is very thick), and IIRC, the auto version's blade is a litte "pointier." Maybe to lighten the blade's inertia for the auto spring?

I would never have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out, but you may be right that there's a bit more of a drop point on the auto.

Looking at pictures side by side, the only differences in blade shape appear to me to be minor variations in the grinds, which occur with any production knife. I'm guessing that the large discrepancy in weight is an error, as Benchmade seems to make those on these listings. They still show the manual model as having 1.4" blade thickness, and that error has been on there for months.

Otherwise I would guess that it would be due to liner thickness differences, but Benchmade also indicates that the handle thickness are the same, and the liners don't look noticeably different in pictures.

Back