New Baby, Smallest Case/GEC Knife Made?

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Hey all. I've been away for a while, glad to be back. I missed this place.

My wife had our little boy Timothy on Monday at 2304. He was early at 27 weeks, 1 day. He was 1 lb, 11.3 oz (774gms) at birth. He'll be in the NICU for the next 90ish days or so.

So, I'd like to get a knife to commemorate his coming. What should I get? I'd like something nice, also small, because he's so small. I haven't bought a knife in so long I don't even know what's out there any more.

Thanks guys! I'll try to have pictures later.

Hey all. I've been away for a while, glad to be back. I missed this place.

My wife had our little boy Timothy on Monday at 2304. He was early at 27 weeks, 1 day. He was 1 lb, 11.3 oz (774gms) at birth. He'll be in the NICU for the next 90ish days or so.

So, I'd like to get a knife to commemorate his coming. What should I get? I'd like something nice, also small, because he's so small. I haven't bought a knife in so long I don't even know what's out there any more.

Thanks guys! I'll try to have pictures later.
Congrats, Brian! My rec is a peanut (amber bone), Texas toothpick, tiny trapper, or small stockman. All good traditional choices.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new arrival.
My oldest son was also a micro-preemie. He was a 24 weeker. They are special children.
I know you and your wife are probably tossed between feeling blessed and scared to death. But have faith!!!

I'm fond of the Case Trapppernut and the GEC 18. Congrats on the new baby!

Congrats to you and your wife! Hello Timothy!
Here's an idea for something small and special for your little guy.
P1000486%201.jpg

CONGRATS BRIAN!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Congrats to you and your wife! Hello Timothy!
Here's an idea for something small and special for your little guy.
P1000486%201.jpg

I don't know what Brian's going to get but every time I see that Peanut Gary I fall in love again so I know I've have to get one. :D:D

Congratulations on the new baby! I would also vote for a peanut, there are so many options available you could get one that fits you well:thumbsup: The GEC Pemberton is nice but they will be much more difficult to find and your choices will be limited.

Congratulations!
My suggestion is peanut. These little knives are very special. I know what am I talking about because mine was a gift from the porch.
My younger son was born too early last January. I think you are happy/scared now. Hold on! Everything will be ok. My younger is super fast now. More agile than my older son, who was born absolutely in time.

Is the knife for you or the boy? If it's for you, I'd get a Case Tribal lock. Not that small but you'll use it for everything. You can probably get his name and birth date engraved on the blade. It'll make him feel special every time he sees it. Don't make the engraving too big, you'll need to leave room for at least 3 more names :)

When I was born back in the dark ages, my Irish side of the family gave every male child a knife for their christening. Mine came from an Uncle and is about 1.5 inches, tang stamped Italy, with sterling silver covers and a sterling silver chain with clasp. It is inscribed with my initials on one side and birth date on the other. Knifeknut since birth :) I looked on line and couldn't find one. They used to be sold in jewelry stores. I bought one for my mother to give to a niece's boy at their christening many years ago.

The case mini executive is small and has lots of space on it where you could have is name and birthday engraved, especially of you get the plain one without the logo.

They're kind of plain, but I picked one up a few weeks ago and have really been loving it.

If you want something with scales and bolsters though then there are definitely other options.
Case has their classic peanut, tiny trapper, their small toothpick, have butterbean, and I'm sure others.
The 6208 is a little bigger than a peanut but is nice and also generally small.

Congratulations!

I have a particular fondness for GEC’s 09 esquire. Great little single blade that somehow looks like an antique even brand new. And if you prefer the historical definition of the word “esquire”, it could make a lot of sense for your tiny new addition.

Welcome Back Brian and congratulations on the latest addition to your family. IDK if you had a chance to check out the GEC #13 series but I thought they were cool knives. They may not be as small as your looking for but I thought I'd let you know about them just in case. 130217-Clerk-Gabon.jpg The Clerk was my favorite. Good luck. Trevor

Back