New Bagwell Hell's Belle

VML

In contrast to my other Bagwells that are Satan's Lace damascus and stag, I went with a carbon steel blade and a wood handle. I wanted a period look and decided on a version of a dog bone with pins in Cocobolo and shell quillions on the guard. I am very happy with the result. I'm not the first to say this, but Bill's knives are much more that aesthetically pleasing. They manipulate amazingly well, are very fast and feel much lighter in the hand than they are. To be able to build that quality into a bladed weapon is far less common today that it was 200 years ago and further back when all they had was time, a forge, hand tools and the knowledge that the quality that went into the blade might decide something more important than a selling price. Below the photos is a link to a previous post with my other two.

bhb1.jpg

bhb2.jpg

bhb3.jpg

bhb4.jpg

bhb5.jpg

bhb6.jpg

bhb7.jpg

bhb8.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660035

Last edited:
Believe that's one of my top two favorite HBs along with Joe P's stag version.
Love cocobolo and the pins/decorations along with the shell palms really create
a pleasing look for me.

Congrats.

Really like the cocobolo and the clamshell guard.
Great knife, great knifemaker.
Congrats on this addition to your collection ! :thumbup:

Doug

The Blade has a great shape just the right amount f belly and a great clip

I really like the modified Dog Bone handle

Just a great piece congrats

Bill really does know how to make a powerful fast Bowie

He is the best in the business at this

A handsome blade indeed!! I like the shell quillions on that HB guard... I like it so much that I'm giving Bill a call tonight. :D

A handsome blade indeed!! I like the shell quillions on that HB guard... I like it so much that I'm giving Bill a call tonight. :D

Bill he is hunting for the next week down San Angelo way he left yesterday

Last edited:
Back