New Bento Box Exclusive?

And, for you hard-core guys, BB is close to dropping a new run of Spyderco Plain Edge CPM-CRUWEAR Brown Canvas Micarta Shaman for $320. Not sure what Spyderco is charging.
That will be a regular sprint run available at all the dealers, not just Bento.

Is the Bento Box announcement not a Para 2 in Elmax with Foliage Green G10 ? That is what I see on their website showing as not in stock but a link to the FB and IG pictures shown in the first post of this thread?? I've never purchased from there nor really looked at their website before. Maybe I'm looking at an older listing.

Edit: Ok older model released a few years ago but link beside it just goes to the last post on their FG and IG. I was definitely confused. Sorry.
Its a BBS exclusive and is a Para 2 with a ranger green G10 handle and K390 steel blade.

So this is going to be just like the Elmax PM2. (Scale color)

How fast do these tend to sell out? Hopefully they run the harness through the roof on these K390 ones, I've read they like to be around the 62-64HRC to really shine.

Quite a bit easier to stain than M390. Excited for this one, Loved their DLC/M390 Blue PM2. Favorite shade of Blue on a PM2.

Better compare K390 to Maxamet than to Elmax. I have a Police 4 with K390. Its edge holding is above the league of Elmax, S35VN, M390, etc.

Between the looming BBS K390 PM2 and the Maxamet PM2, I feel overall the former is preferred. The edge retention should be close, but I believe K390 is tougher.

Well, I was wrong. After considerable sweating and wondering..IF...IF...and..flipping a coin...
I ordered the new release of the Shaman S90v/C.F. from Bento Box.
I got it in yesterday in the mail, opened the box, and soon thereafter I listed it for sale at a small loss for me...and one hundred bucks less than from another company that just got some more in for sale....
I love S90...I love Spyderco...but...the Shaman weighs, on my scale...4.91 ounces, contrasted with the mod 21 Sebbie at 4.65 oz and the Slysz Bowie at 4.24 oz.
I've spent yrs carrying large Sebbies, and it is right at the top of the weight limit for me to carry in comfort.
Physically, of course, the Shaman is also quite a bit larger than the other two, and just takes it out of my comfort zone...and thus for sale at low price.
Too bad, I really wanted that S90V...
shaman-s90v-compare-jpg.1206166

Last edited:
Looks like 140ish still available. Im not sure how big the run is, but there doesn't appear to be the same level of excitement that say the 4v Shaman had. Im a bit surprised. I wonder if people are burned out on the pm2. Or maybe its BBS price with shipping of 199? Or the g10 color? I figure i paid 201 for a pm2 in maxamet. There are other knives available in Maxamet i can buy right now, but only 1 in k390, the discontinued police 4. I hear nothing but good things about k390. I get the $15 shipping is kind of annoying and while i dont think either blue m390 satin/dlc is worth it, the k390 in this configuration is a no brainer to me. Glad they made it.

I feel the same way. Am I happy about paying shipping? Of course not.

But they have what I want. I want the steel and I actually like the color green.

Their run was huge and they’ll likely get more. Wouldn’t buy the 140 thing.

Showed up much sharper out of the box than the Police4. Perfect example... Here it is with other green G10 to show how light it is:

vE5sgil.jpg

Am I correct that the g10 on this K390 PM2 has exactly the same color as Hinderer's OD green scales?

Well, I was wrong. After considerable sweating and wondering..IF...IF...and..flipping a coin...
I ordered the new release of the Shaman S90v/C.F. from Bento Box.
I got it in yesterday in the mail, opened the box, and soon thereafter I listed it for sale at a small loss for me...and one hundred bucks less than from another company that just got some more in for sale....
I love S90...I love Spyderco...but...the Shaman weighs, on my scale...4.91 ounces, contrasted with the mod 21 Sebbie at 4.65 oz and the Slysz Bowie at 4.24 oz.
I've spent yrs carrying large Sebbies, and it is right at the top of the weight limit for me to carry in comfort.
Physically, of course, the Shaman is also quite a bit larger than the other two, and just takes it out of my comfort zone...and thus for sale at low price.
Too bad, I really wanted that S90V...
shaman-s90v-compare-jpg.1206166

I don't even notice the shaman in my pocket even at almost 5 oz but then again most wallets weigh more than 5 oz.

Back