New BentoBoxShop M390 Delica

One more in better light:
20190605-152715.jpg

20190605-152431.jpg

Got mine in today as well - properly executed Delica, no issues. Edge bevels look pretty identical to the previous pics which speaks well to consistency. I am missing the slightly thinner grind from the HAP40 Delicas but it's not like the standard grind is exactly chunky so no worries.

The blue is a really nice color - slightly lighter than I was expecting (almost surprised not to see a Ford oval logo on one side of the handle ;) ). Looking forward to seeing how the M390 does and seeing some hardness test numbers from the folks who do those as well. :)

The blue is a really nice color - slightly lighter than I was expecting (almost surprised not to see a Ford oval logo on one side of the handle ;) ). Looking forward to seeing how the M390 does and seeing some hardness test numbers from the folks who do those as well. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got mine today and I thought the same thing, ford blue

I like the black clip. Less noticeable if it extends below my belt. IWB carry.
Mine is in the mail.

Well I just ordered one of the Delica, and one of the lil Matriarch's. Yaaa me!!

Last edited:
Well I just ordered one of the Delica, and one of the lil Matriarch's. Yeah me!!
Good for you! :thumbsup:

I got my new M390 Delica yesterday and we are getting along great! It's one of the best Delicas I've received as far as fit and finish and sharpness goes. I also have one of the Lil Matriarchs and enjoy it quite a bit.

Accepting a Rockwell C scale harness number as a single value with only one indentation is very unusual in engineering machine design. To allow for the non precise nature of test numbers we normally give a hardness range, for example Rc 61-63 when specifying a hardness.
The testing machine should be located in a clean room away from the general machine shop environment and a calibrated machine with trained operator taking multiple test indentations.

If you send your sample knife to three individuals for testing I would be very surprised if you do not get three different values in return.

https://www.engineersedge.com/wwwboard/posts/5084.html

https://www.asminternational.org/do...416b-8f06-4ac5-8511-244aa5fc54c0/HTP00403P023

https://westportcorp.com/blogs/rockwell/measurement-error

Regards,
FK

Reactions: AF
Blue scales and M390 go together like bread and butter .
Very tempted as I’ve always liked the Delica :thumbsup:

Got mine last week. I have been without a delica for several years now and it is sure nice to have one back in the rotation. Mine came slightly off center to the presentation side but not by much. The grind heights on the bevels are higher than what i expected but im really enjoying how slicey it is. I also really like the blue they used for this one. I am 100% happy with this one and plan to carry it exclusively for a few months and put it through the paces.

This is such a wicked version. That blue looks awesome in different light. Now comes the internal dialog on whether or not I can justify a 7th version of the Delica. Anyone hear anything about a Wharncliffe 390 Delica?

Why is it that when I click on " Check Out / pay without a PayPal account " it goes to a PayPal screen that says "Things don't appear to be working at the moment" ?

That isn't even the right way to say that is it ?
maybe : Things appear to be not working at the moment.

:poop:
I must have this blue handle.
I must have this blue handle with Spyderco's M390 !
:(
:mad:

Why is it that when I click on " Check Out / pay without a PayPal account " it goes to a PayPal screen that says "Things don't appear to be working at the moment" ?

That isn't even the right way to say that is it ?
maybe : Things appear to be not working at the moment.

I must have this blue handle.
I must have this blue handle with Spyderco's M390 !
:(
:mad:
I paid with PayPal. Didn't have a problem but that was almost 2 weeks ago. It's a great knife though you'll love it. Best of luck.

I paid with PayPal. Didn't have a problem but that was almost 2 weeks ago. It's a great knife though you'll love it. Best of luck.
Thanks.
Isn't PayPal evil now ? Hasn't this community found PayPal to be lacking ?
I've only used PayPal once in my life and that was to pay for my Para2 in M4 because I had to.
I'd prefer to just use my Debit card.
WTH (heck) ?

Back