1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New BentoBoxShop M390 Delica

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Abyss_Fish, May 31, 2019.

1. Knibes

Knibes

Oct 9, 2013
    One more in better light:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Skywalker31

Skywalker31

Feb 29, 2012
    Got mine in today as well - properly executed Delica, no issues. Edge bevels look pretty identical to the previous pics which speaks well to consistency. I am missing the slightly thinner grind from the HAP40 Delicas but it's not like the standard grind is exactly chunky so no worries.

The blue is a really nice color - slightly lighter than I was expecting (almost surprised not to see a Ford oval logo on one side of the handle ;) ). Looking forward to seeing how the M390 does and seeing some hardness test numbers from the folks who do those as well. :)

tishchina, Mo2 and Knibes like this.
  3. KCDR

KCDR Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2019
    The blue is a really nice color - slightly lighter than I was expecting (almost surprised not to see a Ford oval logo on one side of the handle ;) ). Looking forward to seeing how the M390 does and seeing some hardness test numbers from the folks who do those as well. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got mine today and I thought the same thing, ford blue

4. Dallas T

Dallas T

Apr 6, 2013
    Y’all gonna make me order one!

TheFactor and Kiteman72 like this.
  5. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    I like the black clip. Less noticeable if it extends below my belt. IWB carry.
    Mine is in the mail.

6. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    Weird, I got mine today too, and it is much darker than that...

7. traub64

traub64 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Well I just ordered one of the Delica, and one of the lil Matriarch's. Yaaa me!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Kiteman72 likes this.
  8. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Good for you! :thumbsup:

I got my new M390 Delica yesterday and we are getting along great! It's one of the best Delicas I've received as far as fit and finish and sharpness goes. I also have one of the Lil Matriarchs and enjoy it quite a bit.

9. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Anyone HRC test this yet??

10. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Not that I know yet. But get in touch with @jcoolG19 @Banter 247 @tomhosang and make arrangements to get it tested.

11. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Accepting a Rockwell C scale harness number as a single value with only one indentation is very unusual in engineering machine design. To allow for the non precise nature of test numbers we normally give a hardness range, for example Rc 61-63 when specifying a hardness.
    The testing machine should be located in a clean room away from the general machine shop environment and a calibrated machine with trained operator taking multiple test indentations.

If you send your sample knife to three individuals for testing I would be very surprised if you do not get three different values in return.

https://www.engineersedge.com/wwwboard/posts/5084.html

https://www.asminternational.org/do...416b-8f06-4ac5-8511-244aa5fc54c0/HTP00403P023

https://westportcorp.com/blogs/rockwell/measurement-error

Regards,
    FK

AF likes this.
  12. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Blue scales and M390 go together like bread and butter .
    Very tempted as I’ve always liked the Delica :thumbsup:

KarlG likes this.
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    That’s one sexy Delica no doubt !

Knibes likes this.
  14. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    Got mine last week. I have been without a delica for several years now and it is sure nice to have one back in the rotation. Mine came slightly off center to the presentation side but not by much. The grind heights on the bevels are higher than what i expected but im really enjoying how slicey it is. I also really like the blue they used for this one. I am 100% happy with this one and plan to carry it exclusively for a few months and put it through the paces.

TheFactor likes this.
  15. J-RAY1989

J-RAY1989 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello all! Not new to the site, but I've never made an account until now. Got my m390 delica in the mail today along with new scales I got off eBay, since I didn't like the blue ones. Haven't cut anything with the knife yet minus some tree sprouts growing out of a tree trunk. Loving the knife so far.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    TheFactor likes this.
  16. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Mine has darker blue handles than those shown in the pictures.
    Looks good.
    Screaming sharp.

TheFactor and J-RAY1989 like this.
  17. willywall

willywall

Jun 21, 2016
    This is such a wicked version. That blue looks awesome in different light. Now comes the internal dialog on whether or not I can justify a 7th version of the Delica. Anyone hear anything about a Wharncliffe 390 Delica?

TheFactor likes this.
  18. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Why is it that when I click on " Check Out / pay without a PayPal account " it goes to a PayPal screen that says "Things don't appear to be working at the moment" ?

That isn't even the right way to say that is it ?
    maybe : Things appear to be not working at the moment.

:poop:
    I must have this blue handle.
    I must have this blue handle with Spyderco's M390 !
    :(
    :mad:
    :poop:

19. J-RAY1989

J-RAY1989 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2019
    I paid with PayPal. Didn't have a problem but that was almost 2 weeks ago. It's a great knife though you'll love it. Best of luck.

20. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Thanks.
    Isn't PayPal evil now ? Hasn't this community found PayPal to be lacking ?
    I've only used PayPal once in my life and that was to pay for my Para2 in M4 because I had to.
    I'd prefer to just use my Debit card.
    WTH (heck) ?