New Black Micarta Scales from Kabar

Anybody score any of these yet and be willing to post some real world pictures? My cursor has been hovering over the buy button for a couple weeks now...

Maybe I will just have to end up getting some to see them...

Are they exactly the same as the stock handles? I'm wondering if the knife will fit my new kydex sheath if i put these on.
They are very close, might be a tad thicker but I’ve never had a problem using a kydex sheath that was fitted for the plastic scales and than switching to micarta. A worse case scenario the sheath and knife might be a little snugger which is a pretty easy fix :thumbsup:

They are very close, might be a tad thicker but I’ve never had a problem using a kydex sheath that was fitted for the plastic scales and than switching to micarta. A worse case scenario the sheath and knife might be a little snugger which is a pretty easy fix :thumbsup:
thanks... yes its very easy to sort that out

I’m sure this will not be a big deal to most but I noticed that the stock scales sit a little low on the painted blade. If striped they fit better :) The new Micarta fits perfectly with the painted blade. So if you strip Your knife some sanding will be in the works ;) Just saying for anyone not wanting any surprises :D
C0820A6F-D083-445A-87C2-527F6366B990.jpeg
I know I’ll be stripping it or try even sanding the rough finish smooth but what a NICE FIT :thumbsup::thumbsup: :D GREAT JOB KA-BAR! I like the BLACK :D

Last edited:
New Scales made me do it :D had an extra 9er thought why not :thumbsup:
Change the screws to stainless put some heat to em for a little color. Took the screws back out and shortened them a little, deepened the logo and touched up the edge a little. It was sharp just had a bit of an issue :D
07CC187F-3C81-47BC-826F-F866EB2AD8D3.jpeg 89A0654E-6995-4D41-B6C1-011AA63E205F.jpeg 0338904A-9AF3-4B76-8A6A-C24E7792A882.jpeg
Damm it sure hot today
75F4D2DE-80E5-4125-82E6-583C3837421E.jpeg F437A141-3BE5-49C4-BCB1-84E7030DFB18.jpeg

Got em today! Think I need another pair....

g2mRCzG.jpg

OwUSSq6.jpg

Yyavuzx.jpg

I like the black scales. Adding them to my list for Black Friday’s sale.
Not to burst your bubble, but...
I think the last couple of years they’ve limited the Black Friday items to knives only and some knives are still not included in the deal.
That being said, I’ll be on the look out anyway lol.

Looks like I’m gonna get some new scales soon! These are nice!

I think the last couple of years they’ve limited the Black Friday items to knives only and some knives are still not included in the deal.

Looks like I’m gonna get some new scales soon! These are nice!

Could be right. I do know I got the colored handle kit and three sheaths in 2018 for half off.

Oh well.

Maybe I’ll get this pink scales out.

I recall this being accurate. Who knows though, maybe that’ll change. I always pick up a few more parangatangs on Black Friday. :thumbsup:

I can't find anyone who will ship the black scales to South Africa. We can't even go on Kabars website.... they block us. Have to go through agents who doesn't exist. So pissed off right now

Not sure about in person, but are they actually black looking? On Kabars website and on my phone they appear somewhat green looking to me?
They are black. I think black micarta is made using a layer of black canvas then a layer of white canvas and so on. Gives it the Layer look they will get blacker with use. There is also double black micarta which only black canvas is used and it will be blacker and not have the pronounce Layer look.

Reactions: Bkg
Back