New blade for me

I thought I came up with this idea, but Scott said he's already done a few....

A Long Mini-Tusker--I'm calling it a LMT. Natural micarta with red liners, very sharp looking (sharp edge too!)

CA09061219355713-L.jpg

The blade is 5.25" long. Scott hit this one out of the park. Here it is in comparison with a PSK and standard Mini-Tusker:

CA09061219380077-L.jpg

With the longer blade, the feel is very different; the balance has shifted and the blade actually feels a bit lighter and livelier in the hand. I haven't used it much but thought I'd post up because I'm excited about it.

Having made a sheath recently, my respect for Scott's sheath skills has dramatically increased:

CA09061219343869-L.jpg

Thanks for posting Rotte. Hope it serves you well. 5" blades are good all around users.
Scott

Scott's craftsmanship just keeps getting better and better. Every Gossman knife that Ive seen or used have been built like tanks and made for actual hard ass using. I love natural micarta and red liners also. Plus one on his sheaths.

Would you call that a Long Hunter Tusker, looks like a bit of long hunter heritage in it, mixed with the Tusker? I really like it.

Good looking knife. I really think the mini-tusker is my favorite design of Scotts for what I want and use. He made a buddy of mine a 5 inch tusker for hog hunting and it looks great too.

Good looking knife. I really think the mini-tusker is my favorite design of Scotts for what I want and use. He made a buddy of mine a 5 inch tusker for hog hunting and it looks great too.

Agreed, the Mini-Tusker is an outstanding knife. I don't use it as much as I should. It's got to be on my "Top 5 field knives" list. I wanted to try one with a touch more blade. So far I like the LMT, but I'm not sure I don't like the original version more. Maybe a 4.5" version......

Great looking blade. I'm never disappointed when looking at Scott's knives.

Back