New Book by Kevin Estela!!!

Thanks for the supports guys. I have a lot of books in my library and I didn't want to reinvent the wheel. You'll like this one as it has a different voice than many manuals. The challenge in writing this one was making it something worthwhile for all ages to pick up and read. Like previously mentioned, if the web goes down or you are somewhere without power, this will be a good source of entertainment as you learn skills or work on improving your ability. We're only 4 weeks away from the release as of tomorrow!

Very cool Kev, and congrats...my pre-order is in. It's books like these that must be a printed copy; they just don't work well for me on the Kindle. Looking forward to diving into it. Hard copies are always good for the "survival" library! I'll order a second for my son in college...

ROCK6

I would also like to say that I highly recommend this book. It is packed with so much valuable information and learning material. Very well written and easy to follow and understand. I've known and worked with Kev for many years. He is very skilled and an awesome teacher.
Scott

The video is great. I appreciate your son doing what he does and encourage him to keep up his interest in the great outdoors.

My book comes out tomorrow everyone. Here we go!

I would also like to say that I highly recommend this book. It is packed with so much valuable information and learning material. Very well written and easy to follow and understand. I've known and worked with Kev for many years. He is very skilled and an awesome teacher.
Scott

Can't get a whole lot better endorsement than that!

My copy arrived today. I have only had time to read about a dozen entries, but if the whole book is like what I have read, it is going to be the most useful skills book I own. It not only gives a clear explanation of the skills, but also tells when and where they are most applicable, the situations where they will not work well, plus additional information to help you get the most benefit from the techniques as well as what what will detract from their effectiveness. Looks like it is going to be a great resource!

Thank you so much for the kind words. Please share your opinion on Amazon if that is where you purchased it. It will help me get the word out there about the book. Enjoy the rest of your read.

Yes, it is in Barnes and Noble now. Thanks for all the support everyone. I really appreciate it.

101 Skills You Need to Survive in the Woods arrived today by mail - Ontario Canada - from Amazon.ca

Can't wait to dig in ... first thumb-through tells me it's one nicely laid out and solid reference. Easy to find skill chapters, lots of explanatory photos, clear illustrations. I'll check back when I've had a chance to take a more thorough look. By the way, I appreciate the visible page edging that distinguishes one skill chapter from the next - a small thing but not when you're in a pinch to have the information you need in hand.

If my local Barnes and Noble has it I will pick it up tomorrow.
Edit: my local store doesn't have it yet. So they ordered it for me.

Last edited:
If my local Barnes and Noble has it I will pick it up tomorrow.
Edit: my local store doesn't have it yet. So they ordered it for me.
Give it some time. I'm getting messages from folks all around the country where they are spotting it "out in the wild" among other books. Pretty surreal for me. When you're ready, please leave a review on Barnes and Noble's site.

Kev

Looked at the book at Barnes & Noble. Think I will get it in the next few weeks. Probably will buy on the big river site along with some other odds and ends that I intend to buy there. Plus I have a $50 gift card. I would go Kindle, but I prefer paper for something along this line to facilitate browsing.

Back