New Buck Web specials

Any ideas why the Vanguard in D2 is so much more expensive than the 118 in D2?

It would be nice if they had a stash of the better sheaths held back for the better quality build-outs.

Now that would be looking out for the customer.

:)

Any ideas why the Vanguard in D2 is so much more expensive than the 118 in D2?

Their computer told them there would be a higher demand for the newer style knife......and maybe they had fewer of those blades.......and the Vanguard is usually a bit more expensive than the old classic black handles anyway. Do I remember it having nickel instead of brass, also?

JNewell the Vangaurd that I saw on there is ATS34, not D2. Is there more than one Vangaurd on there? HL

You're right, I4......the one I was talking about WAS ATS34.

I don't think there was one in D2, now that you mention it.

I just saw this, it looks like I missed a few, like the Ranger. They do this just before the knife show, I was saving up all my money for the show, but I have to get a few. It says the Vantage has 420 steel, that may be a misprint or I will have a special Vantage, either way I can't go wrong.

Now, I just have to figure out what I want and how much I should save for the Atlanta Knife show. Thanks very much for the heads up.

It's not a misprint. Right now all I see are two Vantages (weren't there three to start with?) , both of them are the Select model. They both have the same model numbers, #0345GYSWM-B (charcoal Dymondwood) and #0345BKSWM-B (Paperstone) as those that were sold at Walmart. The steel used in all the Selects is 420HC. They are sort of special since the standard Select has a nylon handle.

Anyone got a shipping notice yet? Reviewed my past orders and they all pretty much shipped in two business days so I'm hoping for a tracking number this evening though Post Falls is far enough away that I doubt I'll have any new toys before the weekend. If anyone get's their order sooner please post some pics to tide me over.

Anyone got a shipping notice yet? Reviewed my past orders and they all pretty much shipped in two business days so I'm hoping for a tracking number this evening though Post Falls is far enough away that I doubt I'll have any new toys before the weekend. If anyone get's their order sooner please post some pics to tide me over.

No shipping date yet, just an order confirmation. Anxiously awaithing the 118 and Deer season.

No shipping date here either. But no phone call saying I was too late in ordering this time as well. :D

I just checked the web specials again, and it looks to be about 4 knives short of just a couple days ago... ;)

That ATS-34 Vanguard is calling me yet though.... :)

sniff :( :( :( I ordered on Friday --- sniff --- :( :( :( they were sold out.
no more 118 left. :( :( :(

Guys, is there anybody who has bougt more than one of the 118 and who
is so kind to sell one of them to me? That would be great.

sad regards ((sniff))
Haebbie

I thought it was interesting that the Cherry Dymondwood 110 description says it comes with a USA made nylon sheath. I thought all the nylon sheaths were made in China?

I just noticed that the Chairmans Edition 110 on the regular website says the same thing (USA made nylon sheath). It seems to make a point of it. We will see, I ordered two of the ones on the web specials page.

No shipping date here either. But no phone call saying I was too late in ordering this time as well. :D

I just checked the web specials again, and it looks to be about 4 knives short of just a couple days ago... ;)

That ATS-34 Vanguard is calling me yet though.... :)

Darn it anyway. Was plannning on going back for that 118. I see the ATS-34 110 and Duke I ordered are now gone. Hopefully my order confirmation means I got those two in time. Should have just added the 118 to my order in the first place. You snooze you loose.

Yes, they just sent out the e-mail on a big 40% off sale on all knives (Chuck's birthday) and I see a lot of the Web Specials are gone.

Looks like the excitement is over for now.

I did get two 118s, but one is designated gift and one I need for me.

Sorry.

Some did buy up to five, so maybe somebody else can help you, Haebbie.

Yes, they just sent out the e-mail on a big 40% off sale on all knives (Chuck's birthday) and I see a lot of the Web Specials are gone.

Looks like the excitement is over for now.

I did get two 118s, but one is designated gift and one I need for me.

Sorry.

Some did buy up to five, so maybe somebody else can help you, Haebbie.

Got the same email about the 40% off. Problem is everything I want in regular production off the site is "currently not available".

Last edited:
I got a e-mail that mine shipped 5-31. I ordered 5-26.

Received my order confirmation at 1:30PM EST on 5/26 but haven't gotten anything since. Maybe by close of business today Idaho time?

Now that the D2 118 is gone I don't have anything left to look forward to, at the moment, other than the delivery. I find waiting kind of a love hate thing for me. Hate the wait but love what comes in the box.

No ship notice yet either, but Monday was a holiday, so just figure they got swamped with all of us ordering + a 3 day weekend. :D

Back