New Busse Kukri

The next Zillas, if they did a run, would be hugely popular ... over the development of the Zilla's lots of knowledge has been accumulated on geometry to give performance ,,, my favourite Zilla is my flat ground Nuclear Zilla ... it is lighter than the TTKZ with the same grip and has the same performance as my thinned down TTKZ ... which is a win win on both counts.

Lighter hard hitting Zilla's will give everyone looking for a Khukri one of the best "users" for chopping/survival/combat you can buy :thumbup:

If you want one ... say so ...

They bite deep ... up to the spine :thumbup:

P1010592.jpg

P1010593.jpg

P1010594.jpg

Great for wood preperation for the fire ...

P1010595.jpg

In the icey snow we have had you can section logs on a tarp and have enough wood chips to start the fire ...

P1010602.jpg

Baton the logs and you are ready to go ... time taken is much shorter than any other type of knife ... they keep pace with an Axe ...

P1010604.jpg

P1010605.jpg

You can split logs as good as using a maul ...

P1010582.jpg

P1010580.jpg

Great over all performance :cool:

Last edited:
Over the last few months i have been working a lot in my forest using a KZ2 for chopping off branches on the trees i use for firewood and chopping down smaller trees i don't want stealing nutrients from the trees i am going to make money on in about 30 years or so.. (Pension plan) and the kz2 is without a doubt the best chopper i have ever owned ..

The KZ2 is a very well balanced chopper and if you choke up on the handle it is easy to do some fine chopping or other fine work, this leads me to think that a LB treatment on any KZ is not a very good idea, the KZ2 is 18.75 inches long with a 12 inch blade so i think making it more blade heavy would ruin the balance in the knife.. But now that winter is here and the trees are frozen the KZ 2 is a little on the light side, this leads me to think overall weight could be increased in order to make it better on frozen wood or other tough wood..

The MOAB is 19.5 inches long with a 13 inch blade offered in 3/8 or 5/16 thickness :eek: , 19.5 and 13 is not that far from 18.75 and 12 so i would like a the KZ3 when and if the time comes to be offered in 3/8 and 5/16. when you have been using a KZ2 for a few days it swings like a toothpick so i can not see any drawbacks with adding some overall weight..

Adding thickness to the KZ would require more distal tapering and more tapering from the spine towards the edge and this would somewhat limit the weight gain from a thicker blade and keep the balance in the knife..

Well just my thoughts anyway... :D

Balance is the key to performance ... not overall weight ... a weight forward balance as used on the Basic series can give comparable chopping ability to heavier more neutral baldes ... the Basic 11 is on par with my flat ground FBM LE and the BWM LE ... weight is a lot less ... you also don't need hugely thick blades for performance if the blade has an appleseed shape with a tapered thickness that enables the knife to bite deep but still extract easily. Too thick acts as an obstacle in my experience once you go past an optimum. Just my experience ... but I have tried all types and modified many knives to gain performance ... the khukri works well because the deep chopping part of the blade has an oppertunity to have a very gradual increase in thickness ... this pushes the wood aside more efficiently in a chopping role ... like comparing a VLD bullet to a FMJ bullet ... if that analogy helps ...

Come on Jerry! 13 inch blade, 3/16th thick, full height or thin Appleseed convex, LB the handle, melt the spine, TT handle

Come on Jerry! 13 inch blade, 3/16th thick, full height or thin Appleseed convex, LB the handle, melt the spine, TT handle

I will take 1 coated and 1 satin the day those are turned loose on the market!

Whats "melt the spine" mean? NM treatment?

Absolutely amazing!!! Busse perfection. Can you paint it with a black blade?
Ha! Thnx. I'm always tinkering with designs so I'll try to do something on the weekend.
~~

The TTKZ has to be the sexiest Busse blade to date. And I have proof...lol
There's a little old lady that I help out who's in her mid 70's, a very strong feminist, anti everything do gooder and her exact words when she looked at the Zilla ~ "WOW! That's an absolutely gorgeous knife. I love the way it flows with all the curves" She could barely lift it! For her to say that it must have something :D

KZ3 should be extra special. 15 inch blade? A matched set that comes with utility Karda & Chakmak (Renamed along Hog lines) Maybe something like a Pork Shank but with curves, diamond sharpener with a sweet Busse handle?
Am so excited with just talk of KZ3 :encouragement:

Last edited:
The TTKZ has to be the sexiest Busse blade to date.

I agree 100%. The lines are sexy yet tough. I feel like Busse nailed the lines of the TTKZ and the NMSFNO perfectly. I would kill for a Satin TTKZ with Black Canvas and Tanker Grey or Yellow/Black g10 to match my NMSFNO's. Please make it happen Jerry, please!

I'd take a kukri in a heartbeat. I missed the last chance at one but sure wont make that mistake again.

I only have paint...lol
image_zps7cae11eb.jpg

I think that I'd actually prefer the reverse of this... TTKZ blade shape with a KZII handle angled downward a little or at least slightly bent at mid tube fastener, but with the protruding tang where the lanyard hole is covered by the handle slabs, and perhaps rounded down just a bit more. :)

image_zps195fb7d7.jpg

A little wacked but ya get some idea as to the look.

1- TTKZ
2- KZ2 Blade / TTKZ Handle
3- TTKZ Blade / KZ2 Handle
4- KZ2

Last edited:
lol @ the number of views at this thread. That should show the interest.

put me down for a busse Kukri.

PeterPHWS ,

You might want to use some fresh cut logs for demo-ing next time. I've got some rotten logs that a butter knife can go through.

Those logs look solid on the inside, but still not the best image to have lots of fungi on the outside.

My KZII is one of my favorite choppers, absolutely obliterates wood, I would love to see a new kuk offering :thumbup:

I have allways wanted a Kukri, i love the blade shape and the looks of it.
unfortunately i found Busse to late and missed them..

I've been looking on other Kukris but never felt really excited over any of the ones i've looked at.
I hope they bring them back to us, i want one! They are soo pretty!

Back