New Canadian

Just moved to Calgary Canada from Texas. Any Busse lovers here? How is it shipping knives across the border? If I order something from the exchange, how does that work? How is shipping across the border? Any issues I should expect?

I have had no issues sometimes they open the package and sometimes I get dinged taxes but it's pretty random.

hello
must be at least a couple in Calgary I would think
no issues shipping the busse across the border (finger ringed fighters are a no-no I think)
in my experience about half the time I was charged duty/taxes
try to use usps for shipping as couriers will charge you hard
most sellers indicate in their ad if they will ship international

Hi. I live in Calgary. In answer to your questions:

yes you will find Busse fans up here.

Yes, there may be random issues with customs if you are having folding knives shipped from the States. Be aware that automatic knives, gravity knives, push knives, ballistic knives, and knives with metal knuckles (but not Bow guards) are illegal.

If you need more info, we could get a beer one of these days and I can fill you in on the details if you like. Firearms as well.

The main problem we are having up here is that $100 bucks canadian is only buying about $60 usd worth of knife. Lol
Actually not funny. Grrr. ;)

Good day! !

I'm a fellow Busse nut case and I live just north west out in Stettler. About 45 min east of Red Deer.

From Calgary but out in the middle of nowhere!

Any questions or to discuss Busse... don't hesitate to find me. It's great to have more Hogs or piglets up North!!

Hi. I live in Calgary. In answer to your questions:

yes you will find Busse fans up here.

Yes, there may be random issues with customs if you are having folding knives shipped from the States. Be aware that automatic knives, gravity knives, push knives, ballistic knives, and knives with metal knuckles (but not Bow guards) are illegal.

If you need more info, we could get a beer one of these days and I can fill you in on the details if you like. Firearms as well.

Right on Sean!! Even more guys! Guns too... sweet! Need to make a Northern Hog crew! Get the word out and more guys trading up here!!

I'm in Calgary too, welcome to the Great Depression (I guess you're familiar since you're from Texas). Never had issues shipping across, it just takes forever cause canada post is literally the worst at working.

Good day! !

I'm a fellow Busse nut case and I live just north west out in Stettler. About 45 min east of Red Deer.

From Calgary but out in the middle of nowhere!

Any questions or to discuss Busse... don't hesitate to find me. It's great to have more Hogs or piglets up North!!

Curse you Stettler and your one unavoidable school zone!

There's a few more Busse fans on the best side of the Rockies too.

I kinda feel your pain with the exhange rate at the moment - 1 AUD buys me 72 US cents at the moment.

Never had an dramas with bringing anything in - knives, boots, hats, jeans & a bit of western gear. So long as I keep it below the $1,000 AUD import limit - after that it's taxed.

try the calgary shooting centre, im betting they are as good as it gets. the red deer shooting centre definitely is aces. Im in e-town if you need anything drop me a line, always willing to lend a hand where i can. Guns or knives.

cheers

If you can still take the course through AHEIA that will be your best bet. They used to be by far the least expensive, plus you can also get your Alberta hunter education course there for your hunting license, and they will tale you on a hunt.

Anyone know of any local sheath makers or kydex benders? I try to support local when I can.

Yup....got a couple Busse's here in Red Deer.

Few pew-pew's as well.

There used to be a kydex guy in Blackfalds, but he closed up shop. I have been thinking of getting into it for myself. Now that the economy has gone to hell....I may end up jobless and needing to find a way to make money....lol.

The shipping alone on Busse's is almost $75 CAD now with the exchange. The box comes USPS and is 18" long x 12" wide x 3" high.

Back