New car / automobile buying & leasing tips for CPK'ers

2007 Honda Ridgeline with 66,000 miles...and...IT'S GREEN!
I have never paid more than $5000 for a motor vehicle

We had a number of Honda Pilots for almost 2 decades, essentially same structure as Ridgeline.

My only recommendation is get on EBAY deal emails. We waited until 30% off auto parts and grabbed a set of excellent brake pads (wagner perf quiet I think) and rotors really really cheap (<$150 including shipping) and threw them in the garage. When my wife's last Pilot needed brakes (@80K), my buddy and I changed all 4 corners including Rotors in a couple hours, essentially unbolt old, lube moving parts, bolt on new. Good for another long long while. If we waited to get parts when brakes were due, we would have paid WAY more.

Great vehicles and pretty darn bulletproof in terms of reliability.

Lorien, this is a median of what a rig like that has sold in the Mannheim Auctions in the U.S. Manheim Auctions in the last 90 days or so. I can get you closer and more specific data if that should matter, if I knew more of the specifics like the exact model and condition, but for this purpose I went with the most basic model (RT) and also GOOD condition. Hope that this helps:

View attachment 1248477
thanks for that!
we're looking at $17K all in, minus whatever they give us for our '91 Toyota Previa with 376,000km

thanks for that!
we're looking at $17K all in, minus whatever they give us for our '91 Toyota Previa with 376,000km

I don't mean to be glib but you did say 2007 and not 2017, right?!!!

I do know that rigs sell for heckuva lot more up in the Maple Country than us US'ers are used to paying but if my somewhat pro opinion matters, that's a lot of dough for that rig! On the other hand, happy wife = happy life ;)

it's pretty much the going rate for that vehicle up here. There are cheaper ones, but they're much higher mileage

oh, and we pay 12% in sales tax plus another $400 for documentation

Last edited:
it's pretty much the going rate for that vehicle up here. There are cheaper ones, but they're much higher mileage

oh, and we pay 12% in sales tax plus another $400 for documentation
Since it's already out of warranty, can you hop across the border for a burger and buy one at a much lower cost here?

heading up island to pick up our new wheels tomorrow! So excited, don't even care if it's 4 hours of driving :)

good bye, jalopy!
4JKkwn7.jpg

Back