New Chopper for Sale - 5160 & MCAM

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/861433-New-Chopper-for-Sale-5160-amp-MCAM

This one is sold! Thanks.
015lrg.jpg

Last edited:
A chisle ground chopper,who'd a thunk it.
Very nice.Love the exposed tang & blade shape.

I noticed what looked like a scratch on the g10 so I cleaned it up and took a new photo.

004wuv.jpg

that snakeskin G10 is fabulous (is that what MCAM stands for?)

I also love how you round off the tip of your knives, took me a while to figure out what goes where, first I thought it was unsharpened

that snakeskin G10 is fabulous (is that what MCAM stands for?)

I also love how you round off the tip of your knives, took me a while to figure out what goes where, first I thought it was unsharpened

Thanks, MCAM stands for multi-camouflage, I think it is the current standard for uniforms. It comes in 3 color and 5 color. The 5 color is back, tan, brown, ranger green and OD green. The three color is what I used on this one and it is tan, green , and black. I'm really liking the 3 color lately, it just came out and reminds me of a turtle shell.

I use so much of it when I googled it my Knives came up first, lol! :D It is one of my favorites, I have several boxes of handle material but always go back to the MCAM.

The rounded tip came from the concept of slicing right through something, in my mind it seems logical to keep the whole tip sharp but have it round back so there lots of weight at the tip and no pointy part with nothing "behind it" to catch on wood. I have lived in the jungle, pine woods, and mesquite fields and there is always lots of clearing to do... I have never liked the way a chopping knife feels when the pointed tip catches on the wood, too much shock and not enough destruction... to me you want to use the end of the lever as there is the most power there. Tips are cool though also, I do like both but for me weight behind the end of a chopper is where it is at.

http://www.valleymartialarts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=108&products_id=1613

I had a couple of these growing up, they are really nice... check the link. :D

yeah I read about those in your other thread, massive
I figured your knife designs weren't just coming out of nowhere, there seems to be a lot of thought and deliberation going into them
thanks for the info on the MCAM, it really looks special

yeah I read about those in your other thread, massive
I figured your knife designs weren't just coming out of nowhere, there seems to be a lot of thought and deliberation going into them
thanks for the info on the MCAM, it really looks special

Cool, I always enjoy talking knives.

I have a new chopper concept in the works... 24" of S7. :eek:

Back