New Collaboration with JK Knives

With the pattern in hand, how long will it take to get a real one made?

I really appreciate the enthusiasm, for the design. John and I will work out the details and if it comes to be (pretty likely for at least a proto) I will be in touch to make sure you can get some test time with it. I want to try and offer a passaround for all, or most, of the products I offer so people can be part of the product development process if they want to while also getting a free trial of the design, minus some shipping costs here and there.

Since I'm not as rushed for a brand launch right after a holiday season like I was with the Sick Nasty and Pocket Woodcrafter, I should be able to give testers more hands-on time for future passarounds as well.

The pocket woodcrafter's are in the mail to me!

They will be in black micarta scales and will be offered for $130. Pocket sheaths are $15 extra and they are the same ones offer with the sick nasty (shipped with that order as well). Here's a picture of the prototype in osage to remind how awesome these are:
z2C9uHUl.jpg

The pocket sheath
Sxxm0wyl.jpg

Rough Specs:
Blade: 3/32" thick O1 tool steel
Blade Length: 2 1/2" blade length
Handle Length: 4" handle length
Handle materials: Black micarta with aluminum pins, hollow pin at the rear
Weight without sheath: TBD

4 Pocket Woodcrafter's are in hand and ready to be purchased. It will be a little bit before I can get the official sales ad and details around as work and school have me tied down, but I'll have it up by the end of the weekend. For now:
price is $130
handle is about 4" of black micarta with a roughed finish for superb texture and grip
blade is about 2.5" of 3/32" O1 tool steel

UM3Te1Gl.jpg

4 Pocket Woodcrafter's are in hand and ready to be purchased. It will be a little bit before I can get the official sales ad and details around as work and school have me tied down, but I'll have it up by the end of the weekend. For now:
price is $130
handle is about 4" of black micarta with a roughed finish for superb texture and grip

UM3Te1Gl.jpg
price is $130

UM3Te1Gl.jpg
Chad those look wonderful and if they feel like the pass around, wonderful little buggers.

price is $130

UM3Te1Gl.jpg
Those turned out nice. I'm slowly trying to reduce my overall number of knives or I would order one today.

I haven't been as active here or in the drawing studio the past week or two, and unfortunately school will have me tied up pretty tight for the next two weeks as I finish things up there.

However, the Michigan Utility knife and 24/7 knife (EDC/B&T design) prototypes are scheduled for March and the stuff John needs is already in his hands so those are confirmed. We pushed off a bushcraft model into April so I have adequate time to vet the design and work through some wood mockups before getting something made for use.

With that, I would like to organize a passaround for the Michigan Utility knife and the 24/7 knife. I should start a thread specific to those, but if you want in on it before I get that far, PM me here or email me at GoodKnifeCo@gmail.com

The Michigan Utility Knife will be a general purpose knife with a slightly canted blade to push the belly towards the material being cut. The handle is very ergonomically designed, but it won't be the most neutral design so it may be a little limiting for some in the woodcraft scene that love a chest lever technique.

Rough Specs:
3/32" thick O1 tool steel
4" blade
4.5" handle
0.75" handle thickness
natural canvas micarta
saber grind

jzQcC2fl.jpg

The 24/7 knife is designed to be something comfortable enough to use a lot, but small enough that it's still convenient to carry. The blade is a little taller than many bird and trout designs and matched with a full height grind it will be a great slicer with a compact but nicely curved handle that will fit most hands very well. This is a little more of a traditionally shaped blade compared to what I've put out recently.

Rough Specs:
3/32" thick O1 tool steel
3" blade
3 7/8" handle
0.60" handle thickness
black canvas micarta
full height grind

MdzqxcSl.jpg

Don’t forget to send me the pattern for the 24/7.

I thought it was there already. I sent it last Monday or Tuesday I think, standard mail in an envelope. Hopefully you get it soon, otherwise I'll cut another for you.

I like the look of the "Michigan Utility Knife".

Thank you, I'm really excited for that one as it's the most unique handle shape I've designed and I really think it's going to be pleasing to a lot of people. The blade should be really practical as well, but I put a lot of time into getting the handle worked out and I think it will pay off. It also gives some nice sweeping lines that I tend to be fond of from an aesthetics perspective.

Signup for the passaround for the 24/7 and Michigan Utility knife are officially posted. I expect to have the knives available to ship by the end of March, give or take a little to allow me time to test them first after I receive them.

I'm looking forward to getting these larger knives and even more excited to get these in the hands of y'all. Even if you don't purchase one afterwards, I love getting feedback and I hope the participants enjoy the process of testing out the knives with limited investment.

It's going to be a good time!

Link to signup
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/michigan-utility-knife-and-24-7-passaround-signup.1713681/

Spent several days this week learning and working on my 1st kydex sheath. It's ugly but it works. I bought enough material to get a lot of practice in during March so I can offer kydex sheaths in the near future.

MsrhXLrl.jpg

lnVdyzEl.jpg

Back