New Collins Machete.

What is half way between a 10" RC-10 and an 18" machete? My brand new Collins 14" machete! I found it on ebay. Brand new. Took a good edge. I love Collins machetes, and they are getting hard to find, especially new ones. And I like the 14" size.
Collins026.jpg

Collins023.jpg

Collins003-1.jpg

Collins004-1.jpg

14" machetes are a great size for carrying. And they are still long enough to have some reach.
Collins007.jpg

Wildman is making me a leather sheath for it. I love a bargain. :D

Those are some sweet Collins machetes!! I really like the one with the Rivited handle. Hope the sheaths turn out as nice as those blades look. ;)

Heber

I am looking forward to getting them, Heber. I sure hope Jeff doesn't get mad at me for posting a new machete thread while he is in the jungle. :D
Those other two 14" machetes are Imacasa and Bark River KSF (made from an Ontario 18"). I have a few other old Collins machetes in 12", 13", 9", and 22". The 9" is what most folks call a V-44 Bowie.

Nice machete, HD. 14" is my favorite length, too. Okay, actually, I like 14" for bolo's, and 18" for machete's.

Ooh...lucky bastard! You're right--it's really hard to find Collins machetes in good condition, let alone new! :( :cool:

I am looking forward to getting them, Heber. I sure hope Jeff doesn't get mad at me for posting a new machete thread while he is in the jungle. :D
Those other two 14" machetes are Imacasa and Bark River KSF (made from an Ontario 18"). I have a few other old Collins machetes in 12", 13", 9", and 22". The 9" is what most folks call a V-44 Bowie.

All three look really good. I've been reading a lot about the old Collins machetes and have gotten a second order for a 14" Collins sheath. These things are populare, I need to get one my self it seems.

Jeff likes user blades and Machetes so I'm sure he doesn't mind you posting this thread. Tells me I need to take my Machetes out more and use them.

Heber

Well as you know, wildmanh, I got two. The vendor had six, but they're all gone now. I figure I'll part with one of them down the road.

Wow, a brand new Collins machete on the bay? Did it cost a pretty penny or was it a mislabeled auction? Well done on finding this not so little treasure :thumbup:

Thats a nice looking machete.

You guys got me all excited for machetes and already have a 18" el savador and I want to get more of them and I live in So Cal.........nobody here carries them, lol.

I was playing with a Tram 14" Bolo over the weekend. That thing works very well and is super cheap.

Wow, a brand new Collins machete on the bay? Did it cost a pretty penny or was it a mislabeled auction? Well done on finding this not so little treasure :thumbup:

Buy it now, $14.95. He had six. Sometimes we get lucky.

Dang, that's a sweet machete. I found a really nice, used Collins at an antique store over the weekend. It had a nice handmade sheath and everything. The store wanted $99.95 for it. Needless to say, I passed. :grumpy:

Are these the same collins machete you guys are talking about? We use these at work. We have the 22" which to me seem a little long. When we go out surveying I always prefer to bring my modified 14" Tram.:thumbup:

http://www.hayesinstrument.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=266&sid=8MOIJC2EM5DU0Bx-19109456388.ab

Yes, if they really have them in stock as per the picture, those are real Collins machetes. I have the 22" Collins and it will wear me out quickly. I prefer the lighter Tramontinas in the really long ones. Nichols tools made some after the Collins factory closed. Some were made in Guatemala, too. I never had a Collins that wasn't good quality. I really like the 18" Collins and am looking for a good one. I don't care if it is made in Guatemala or Hartford. I can't tell any difference in quality.

Yes, if they really have them in stock as per the picture, those are real Collins machetes. I have the 22" Collins and it will wear me out quickly. I prefer the lighter Tramontinas in the really long ones. Nichols tools made some after the Collins factory closed. Some were made in Guatemala, too. I never had a Collins that wasn't good quality. I really like the 18" Collins and am looking for a good one. I don't care if it is made in Guatemala or Hartford. I can't tell any difference in quality.

Just pulled the trigger on a couple of 22-inchers and a sheath. Couldn't pass them up at that price, so we'll see if they're the real McCoy when they get here. :D

Better get on the bow flex. Those Collins 22" machetes have some serious heft to them. :D:thumbup:

Good! It'll be nice to try something with a little extra "oomph" to it! :D

Just pulled the trigger on a couple of 22-inchers and a sheath. Couldn't pass them up at that price, so we'll see if they're the real McCoy when they get here. :D

The ones we have at work have the Guatamola stamp on the tang. And they came from Hayes Instruments. Must warn you though they were about as dull as a butter knife.:thumbdn:

Back