New colour BK handles?

Your tweeners didn't come with orange handles?
Huh.

IMG_20150704_152848-small.jpg

Apparently the BK2FDE is new model. A few have pop up on the bay. A few dealers have them. Some of the dealers say it's a limited run. Ass mop said there was only 150 so maybe the ones that are popping up are the extras. I really hope they just sell the handles separately.

View attachment 907609

"Ass mop." Funny, but nonetheless true, stuff.

I followed that "mop." I looked the day before it ended and no one had purchased a single one. Not sure what happened the next day. I left early for a long ride on the scooter and didn't get back 'til late, at which time I hit the rack as hard as I have in years. But it wasn't a popular "mop" in any case.

Most of the comments had to do with the inflated price just for a color, which I was tempted to reply to that it was a stock color on one of Ka-Bar's lines, but decided against giving naysayers another reason to grumble. I like the look OK, but feel like if I wanted earth-tones, I'd just commission a pair made from nice wood of some sort, with some checkering (or other pattern) to help with grip. I don't think any of the specs of the blade/handle itself are different than the current stock BK2, but I could be wrong about that. "Limited run" seems rather a stretch for simply moving a mold from one side of the factory to the other to make BK&T scales with the Jarosz machines. It seems that would cost almost......nothing. LOL

Blues

To quote Henry Ford, re: colors available for the Model T -

"You can have any color you want, as long as you want black."

looks like KaBar brought 20 orange handles to the show. sold out instantly :D

Back