New CRK from dealer- WWYD?

At the beginning of the month, I ordered a large LH Seb 21 Insingo with black micarta from an authorized CRK dealer (withholding the name for now). Received it about a week later. I looked at the box and it had the correct label on it but when I opened it, I noticed that the birthday card was missing. I then looked at the knife and found it was a drop point blade. I called the dealer about the two issues and asked for an exchange. They told me that they couldn't do an exchange but I would have to return the knife for a credit and reorder. I sent them a note stating that I wanted the correct knife and one with a birth card. I returned the knife, reordered the knife and and got it last night.
Correctly labeled box, knife had the correct (Insingo) blade but the birth card was missing. I looked inside the box at the base and found a small, light mark I had made with a pencil after the original purchase. It looks like they found the knife for the box and put it in and ignored my request for a knife with a birth card. NOTE: I am assuming that they had more of the same knives in stock because this model still showed availability after my purchase through the time of the return.
I called the dealer and spoke with B******. He told me that they probably didn't have the card, sorry that they didn't ship one with it, I could either ask CRK for a birth card (didn't know if they could provide without sending to them) or return it for a credit or refund. I sent another note
What would you do? Keep the knife and go to CRK for a birth card (not sure if they can do this without shipping them the knife) or return the knife for a credit/refund? I am leaning toward returning for a refund and purchasing something similar somewhere else. It's been several weeks since the initial purchase and I still get the same vibes from the dealer- sorry, you can return for credit or get a refund, no we can't guarantee anything, sorry you can go to CRK, etc. etc... I sent a note explaining last night to see if I get a reply.

Agreed, sounds shady. I don't think CRK will send a birth card without inspecting it, as they may be certifying a fake. Get your money and run to a reputable dealer. And if they're authorized, let CRK know.

Return it for sure. And, please advise CRK. They need to know about this IMO. It's likely just careless handling at the store but still not acceptable.

Looks like a consensus. I was expecting at least a couple of "keep it" messages.
I'm going to give the dealer until tonight to see IF they reply to my email- their correspondence time (even pre-COVID-19) was 24 hours or greater. If no reply by tonight, I will be posting their name and this story in the Feedback section. (I will also post their name here.) NOTE: I have copies of the emails, pics of the original shipment with shipping box, etc. https://www.flickr.com/photos/26819672@N06/49802996927/in/album-72157713985209031/

Return the knife, it’s not complete unless you have all the items it’s supposed to come with. Then call/email CRK and let them know who the dealer is and that they are not representing CRK in a professional manner.

Get a Refund and shop elsewhere. Avoid this dealer in the future. I have had issues with certain dealers. Just because they are an “authorized” dealer doesn’t mean they are a good dealer and an honest one at that.

I initiated my return request with Blade HQ this morning. It may not be an easy road- I made the first purchase with a credit card then accepted a gift card so I could re-order easily. I gave them the relevant information for the original order as well. I received an automated email from them stating that
We're currently reviewing your request and will get back to you within 3 business days.
We will see...

You might want to subtly mention that you participate in the forum here. They'd know that their response will be closely monitored by the larger community and perhaps be more likely to treat you honorably.

Seems kind of odd for Bladehq. I have had good luck with them in the past. If you are concerned with the birth card, I would return it. Even though it’s most likely a legit crk coming from them, I myself would never be happy without having the birth card.

BladeHQ has had some growing pains, and some of their service people have not been up to par. If you do a GBU search you will come up with some threads and the owners response. If you don't get this resolved with customer service, contact the owner.

Last edited:
P Peter Hartwig is spot on with his post.

I’m pretty confident from that dealer you’ll get taken care of in the end, though there might be a hoop or two (hopefully not though).

Back