New CRK from dealer- WWYD?

As others stated already, I would've returned and gotten a full refund. If you were out any shipping money I would've also asked for that to be refunded. And then I would shop elsewhere unless it was an exclusive/custom only sold by that dealer.

I rarely shop w/ BladeHQ BladeHQ anymore. Better dealers out there that ship waaaaay faster and have rewards programs. @eKNIVES and @Jordan@DLT come to mind.

Last edited:
We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Firstly, I would like to apologize for the manner in which our Customer Service team handled your issue. While it is true that we do not have any replacement birthday cards for CRK products, I would have liked to see your issue treated with more care and attention than you described. I had our products team investigate this issue throughout the day, and we were informed by Chris Reeve directly that it is possibly an oversight on their end as they have been inoperable for 21 days now and it's possible some of the cards were misplaced as they do their best to maintain production. However, it's equally possible it was a mishap on our end as we do spot checks of the product we receive from the manufacturers and it's possible the birthday card slipped out during that process or one of the many other processes where we handle the product in our warehouse.

But ultimately what really matters to me is that you get the birthday card for the item you received and to get that done we have two options. CRK has informed us that they can reprint and mail out the birthday cards if you can provide the serial number on the inside of the lock-side handle scale near the pommel. The quickest method would be for you to provide us that number on the knife you have already received and we can make arrangements with CRK to get that card re-printed and mailed out to us to which we can next-day it to you. The second method would have you send the item back to us for which I will arrange for one of the same models here to get the card re-printed and mailed to me so I can next day the replacement to you as soon as we get yours back.

I believe I have located your order by analyzing the context of your message but if you could provide me with your order number to confirm we can get this all set up for you. Additionally, please let me know how you would like to proceed with getting the birthday card so I can finalize those arrangements.

- Seth
Blade HQ
Customer Service Manager

Nice that BladeHQ responded, but personally I would still return the knife and shop elsewhere. This is just damage PR. You would not have gotten this attention had you not posted on the most recognizable knife forum on the planet. There are lots of other CRK Dealers out there that will treat you far far better.

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Firstly, I would like to apologize for the manner in which our Customer Service team handled your issue. While it is true that we do not have any replacement birthday cards for CRK products, I would have liked to see your issue treated with more care and attention than you described. I had our products team investigate this issue throughout the day, and we were informed by Chris Reeve directly that it is possibly an oversight on their end as they have been inoperable for 21 days now and it's possible some of the cards were misplaced as they do their best to maintain production. However, it's equally possible it was a mishap on our end as we do spot checks of the product we receive from the manufacturers and it's possible the birthday card slipped out during that process or one of the many other processes where we handle the product in our warehouse.

But ultimately what really matters to me is that you get the birthday card for the item you received and to get that done we have two options. CRK has informed us that they can reprint and mail out the birthday cards if you can provide the serial number on the inside of the lock-side handle scale near the pommel. The quickest method would be for you to provide us that number on the knife you have already received and we can make arrangements with CRK to get that card re-printed and mailed out to us to which we can next-day it to you. The second method would have you send the item back to us for which I will arrange for one of the same models here to get the card re-printed and mailed to me so I can next day the replacement to you as soon as we get yours back.

I believe I have located your order by analyzing the context of your message but if you could provide me with your order number to confirm we can get this all set up for you. Additionally, please let me know how you would like to proceed with getting the birthday card so I can finalize those arrangements.

- Seth
Blade HQ
Customer Service Manager
Seth- thank you for responding. I will try to send a message through BF. I tried yesterday but couldn't. Is there another way to contact?

- Seth
Blade HQ
Customer Service Manager
Seth- couldn't send a message via the forum- got the message that I couldn't start a conversation with BladeHQ. I sent an email to questions@bladehq.com with the following title "FOR SETH- Chris Reeve knife issue from Blade Forums". I gave the order numbers and what I would like to do.
THanks,

Nice that BladeHQ responded, but personally I would still return the knife and shop elsewhere. This is just damage PR. You would not have gotten this attention had you not posted on the most recognizable knife forum on the planet. There are lots of other CRK Dealers out there that will treat you far far better.

This.
There are too many other dealers out there to deal with BladeHQ BladeHQ 's BS. Pack it up and return it.

I can't tell by their statement, but if you are going for the birthcard, be sure it isn't going to be a re-issued card. As long as it doesn't say re-issued and has a specific birth date , you should be ok-in other words looks exactly as the original would. A re-issued card does not give you what you paid for, on a new from dealer purchase. Of course all is negotiable.
Good luck working this out

By its nature, customer service IS damage control.

I used to do a lot of it, usually on the second or third tier. When things reached my desk did it mean we sucked as an organization? I’d like to think not, but the resolution usually included a systems review to see where we could improve.

BHQ gets tagged in a post and they respond same day to straighten it out...sounds pretty awesome to me.

OP, I hope it goes well for you!

By its nature, customer service IS damage control.

I used to do a lot of it, usually on the second or third tier. When things reached my desk did it mean we sucked as an organization? I’d like to think not, but the resolution usually included a systems review to see where we could improve.

BHQ gets tagged in a post and they respond same day to straighten it out...sounds pretty awesome to me.

OP, I hope it goes well for you!

They had the chance to make it right the 1st time privately. It Wasn’t until it was posted here and other people saw it and said they will not buy from them that they responded. I respectfully disagree.

kind of sad to hear this, I have had good luck with BLADE HQ in the past, I no its a hassle but I would return the knife and reorder or get a refund from them, I hope things turn out right for you.

UPDATE
I received two emails from Seth @ BladeHQ on Friday, the first was an update and letting me know they hadn't heard from CRK and the second letting me know that they had received the card for my knife and would get it to me Monday by end of day.
I did receive the birth card for my CRK. Feeling a little better about it, but still thinking it could have been avoided.
Thanks to all.

Back