New dangler sheath mount idea

tobiism

Gold Member
I don't know if I ever posted this here. So I'm putting it up now because I need to build a another attachment for my new bk9.
I like to carry a big knife when I'm camping. I like having it on my leg ready to go whenever I may need it. But I hate how inconvenient they can be when you want to sit down. I wanted a quick way to easily take the knife on and off the belt. Enter the Motorola radio swivel sheath.
51032005608_7a071a0201_m.jpg

The neat thing about this swivel is that it will not come out of its mount unless you turn it 180 degrees upside down.

All you have to do is drill out four rivets on the male attachment and add it to a Kydex adapter that you can easily make for your sheath. I made the adapter at the same time I made the sheath for my Busse FSH.
51032005638_2a122bd6cd_m.jpg

Pretty dang cool man. :thumbsup:

You're welcome.

I use the stock sheath on my niner, but rarely wear it on my side. I do sometimes at the cabin, when I walk down to the river, but rarely even do that. I like to wear my sheaths a bit low, as I have long arms. I especially liked that on the BK2 sheath mod I did, the drop leg model.

Lol, I carried one of those for 30 yrs with radio ! Great idea, hope it works great for you. I just threw mine away recently. Retired in 2016. For me & my knives, a drop down leg dangler works best. Easier for me to draw & re sheath. I couldn't give my radio clip away when I retired, everyone already had their own.

Back