New DDR Gun Hammer Titanium TEXAS KNIFE MAFIA tm

Here it is guys. Take a look. Give me some feed back on this knife.
tkm_LOGO.jpg
Introducing the Gun Hammer3D TKM tm (Texas Knife Mafia tm)
This knife has a Titanium Frame with our special process that turns the titanium a rich Gray (Armor) finish making it a fantastic EDC . The blades styles are Bowie, Radian, Torpedo or Tanto. Assisted or Bearing Open, You can now own a DDR custom knife for $595.00.

S90V steel, 3.9" blade I got already. How does the thickness of the blade handle compare to the usual Gunny though?

Looks great, are the blades the same thickness as standard gunhammer? Assisted? Perhaps a special price for those who also bought a forum knife?

The blade thickness is the same as a regular Gunny. our price for Forum Members is is 550.00.
The handles are full titanium.
DDR

I love the titanium color and that bowie blade shape. What blade finishes are available ie. Stonewashed, bead blasted, etc.?

Are the scales thinner than the standard Gunhammers? I recall seeing one at the Arkansas show with titanium handles that were thinner than the aluminum...

Knife arrived and the scales are fantastic. A bit thinner than my green forum knife and there are no chips in the scale finish unlike my forum knife. Didn't really like my other assisted knives, but wanted to give the GH TKM a try and I am very pleased. Easy to deploy and a positive, but not too extreme assist opens every time. Lock engagement is perfect, no stickiness. Unfortunately the knife arrived with a working edge, but 30 minutes on my Wicked Edge reprofiled it much steeper to a 22 degree per side with a wonderfully sharp blade. Not as good at slicing phonebook paper as some of my hollow ground folders, but the blade is much stronger and with he new edge profile will be back in my EDC circulation.

Again, the scales are fantastic...

Knife arrived and the scales are fantastic. A bit thinner than my green forum knife and there are no chips in the scale finish unlike my forum knife. Didn't really like my other assisted knives, but wanted to give the GH TKM a try and I am very pleased. Easy to deploy and a positive, but not too extreme assist opens every time. Lock engagement is perfect, no stickiness. Unfortunately the knife arrived with a working edge, but 30 minutes on my Wicked Edge reprofiled it much steeper to a 22 degree per side with a wonderfully sharp blade. Not as good at slicing phonebook paper as some of my hollow ground folders, but the blade is much stronger and with he new edge profile will be back in my EDC circulation.

Again, the scales are fantastic...
Very cool, glad you like it! If you have time, some pics would be cool, especially a comparison shot showing the thinner scales as compared to the forum Gunny. :thumbup:

For my own and others' curiosity, next time I talk to Darrel, I'll ask him if he can share any details on the finish they use on the titanium. He might not want to share too much info since it's a proprietary process, but at a minimum I'd be curious whether it's a form of anodizing or, instead, a form of media blasting/tumbling that's used to get the finish. Whatever it is, it definitely looks cool, and it sounds like it's pretty durable, at the very least substantially more durable than the type 2 anodized aluminum on the forum Gunny (which to be fair Darrel did say from the beginning was the tradeoff to get that color...while there are a wider range of colors available for type 2, the lack of durability is the reason they use type 3 anodizing on the regular HTM GHs).

Still enjoying my titanium handled Gunhammer. They are even at little cheaper at online retail stores!

Ron, great idea on the Gunhammer. Razorback red, but I'd go for a Damascus blade over black......

Ron, great idea on the Gunhammer. Razorback red, but I'd go for a Damascus blade over black......

I want black dlc cause it would be an edc and I would be scared to run Damascus in my pocket. I would like to try M390 or CTS-XHP or one of those new fangled steels. Bowie style blade maxxglide.

Back