New Dealer Stock

[QUOTE="Scotcha, post: 17490560, member: 360975"
Scotcha Scotcha Did you get that Shank on DLT's site??? HOLY SMOKES that is sweet. It looks like your style Abe!

FIRST DIBS???
EDIT. Looks like fatboyclone fatboyclone called first dibs. 2nd for me. LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks Eric. Yes, it’s from DLT. They have been taking all my money recently :eek:

Had to give in to this one as well. Not my fault that all the ones I’ve been after become available at the same time :D
View attachment 773068

I've been telling myself the same thing (grabbed three since I got the bug vs the one I budgeted for).

I pretty much never do that (spend over budget), but when the FF you're looking for comes up, passing has it's downside, especially if you're picky about handle material, colors, TT vs SFT, etc.

I currently have two more I'm on the lookout for. My bank account is hoping neither gets made until mid January.

TrainedBullets TrainedBullets it’s very true, I’ve passed on a few that I really wanted and then had to wait and wait till one showed up again. If it’s on a Friday sale and I’m not fast enough the waiting game begins again. Welcome to the addiction :thumbsup:

Choppaman Choppaman Thanks. I cursed out aloud when I saw that the BC Jr had sold. It got me into a bit of trouble with my daughter.

Daddy you’re naughty....that’s a very inappropriate word ( coming from a 5 year old ).

TrainedBullets TrainedBullets it’s very true, I’ve passed on a few that I really wanted and then had to wait and wait till one showed up again. If it’s on a Friday sale and I’m not fast enough the waiting game begins again. Welcome to the addiction :thumbsup:

Choppaman Choppaman Thanks. I cursed out aloud when I saw that the BC Jr had sold. It got me into a bit of trouble with my daughter.

Daddy you’re naughty....that’s a very inappropriate word ( coming from a 5 year old ).

Yes. Putting the filter on myself this weekend. We have our 4 year old grandson for the weekend. Don't want those inappropriate words going back to mom/dad!!
That BC JR, dang it!!!

Great pickups. I quickly perused through the offerings at DLT and Fiddleback Outpost but found it prudent to resist. I've bought 8 FBF customs in as many weeks lol.

The downside is, with so many patterns, materials and thicknesses available there are literally hundreds of examples I could want. I need to find a more strict system than "I like that" to help limit the buying.

Great pickups. I quickly perused through the offerings at DLT and Fiddleback Outpost but found it prudent to resist. I've bought 8 FBF customs in as many weeks lol.

The downside is, with so many patterns, materials and thicknesses available there are literally hundreds of examples I could want. I need to find a more strict system than "I like that" to help limit the buying.
NAH!!!!

I've been telling myself the same thing (grabbed three since I got the bug vs the one I budgeted for).

In my former life, I would have been all Ha Ha, You Guys, but recent releases have put me in the exact same boat!

blush.gif~original
but also:
Content.png~original

because:
I pretty much never do that (spend over budget), but when the FF you're looking for comes up, passing has it's downside, especially if you're picky about handle material, colors, TT vs SFT, etc.

Precisely, like if a blue 1/8" tapered-tang Sylvrfalcen finally comes along, and one jumps on that only to have the perfect Handyman suddenly appear within weeks (ticking ALL one's boxes, which is rare and lucky given the variables of material, pattern, tang and Timing, as noted above), only to be surprised by a stunning blue Runt (of all things!) a few scant weeks later? Shenanigans and scrapings-together.

I, er, read about it.

sofahide.gif~original

TrainedBullets TrainedBullets

lol.gif~original

Back to New Dealer Stock: if anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas, this would do:

Fiddleback_Forge_-_BUshfinger_-_Sapphire_Burlap_-_3_1024x1024.jpg

Please and thank you.

Oh, and I am all set with my Patch, and then some, so I highly recommend this one for someone else:

FB-3457__54944.1506634349.1280.1280.jpg

Wowzer, Fiddleback Forge and their dealers are killin' it right now....

~ P.

pertinux pertinux Funny you mention that Patch. I showed it to my wife last night via SMS from work as she's looking for a new knife. She said she didn't like the white patchiness of it. I said that it might just be a little washed out in the photo as I've seem many FBF pics at DLT that tends to make part of the handle washed out or patchy looking. Where it's very rare at some other dealers. She hummed and said, I don't like the blotchy blade anymore.

Ahhhhh what?!

I guess I have to find a full ground one now. Might as well just order her a Unicorn now and be done with it.

pertinux pertinux Funny you mention that Patch. I showed it to my wife last night via SMS from work as she's looking for a new knife. She said she didn't like the white patchiness of it. I said that it might just be a little washed out in the photo as I've seem many FBF pics at DLT that tends to make part of the handle washed out or patchy looking. Where it's very rare at some other dealers. She hummed and said, I don't like the blotchy blade anymore.

Ahhhhh what?!

I guess I have to find a full ground one now. Might as well just order her a Unicorn now and be done with it.

I hate to even suggest this but you could take a folded paper towel and some diapaste compound to it, rubbing vertically only and remove the darkened spalting.

Back