NEW Demko Shark Lock & AD-20

How many years did it take for the Scorpion lock to make its way into CS production? Could be awhile until we see a mass produced Shark lock.
I suspect it will depend on how precise the machining has to be. I believe I remember Demko mentioning that the Scorpion lock required significantly tighter tolerances than the Triad when he first came up with it.

I suspect it will depend on how precise the machining has to be. I believe I remember Demko mentioning that the Scorpion lock required significantly tighter tolerances than the Triad when he first came up with it.

Thought it was the other way around, that the tolerances were looser than the Tri-Ad? Have to see if I can find the video where he mentions it. Regardless, think that would only be one thing that factors into the decision whether to allow CS to offer a production version. He may want to keep some of his designs his own, which would certainly be understandable.

Thought it was the other way around, that the tolerances were looser than the Tri-Ad? Have to see if I can find the video where he mentions it. Regardless, think that would only be one thing that factors into the decision whether to allow CS to offer a production version. He may want to keep some of his designs his own, which would certainly be understandable.
I could easily be mistaken. I remember the video, but not a lot of what was said in it.

How many years did it take for the Scorpion lock to make its way into CS production? Could be awhile until we see a mass produced Shark lock.
Ad15 was created in 2015, coldsteel version was released in 2019

Reactions: AF
I think its an interesting lock, but id rather see the focus on the ad10 & 15 w different steels, & different handle materials instead of coming out w yet another whole lock design.

Found another nice picture showing all the different blade shapes together

101134814_2943846425722656_1584026007578829831_n.jpg

Nice stuff, not a fan of bearings especially on a Demko but that's just personal preference. Would be nice to add one to the collection one day, bought a custom AD10 from him a while back, workmanship is next level.

Im liking that blue one, im guessing there going to be s35vn...

Looks so much better without the elongated hole..

I agree.

However, the thumb hole versions would look better without the thumb stud. It is kind of different to see both on the blade.

Interesting, but sliding and lifting with a finger tip? Don’t knock it til you try it I guess but anything that requires such a technique to use makes me skeptical. Gloves, wet, cold, fatigue will cause unnecessary problems IMO. I can use the T-A one handed just fine, so I’m in no hurry for this one.

Back