New Design

JK Knives

This idea came from TPVT, so I can`t really take credit for it, but I really like it! It`s 10 1/2" overall, with a 6" blade of 3/16" O1 steel. Todd only ordered the blank, he will be doing his own handles.

To me, it looks like part Camp Knife and part Fighter.

I will be offering complete knives in your choice of:

6" blade $215
7" blade $230
8" blade $245

That's a good looking knife. Would it be possible to get one thinner than 3/16?

There's a lot to like about that one. :thumbup:

thanks guys.

i obviously liked john's camp knife. but, then my search began, to try to make it "mine". i settled on the bulldog handle (credit to tlovesknives) and a blade style similar to the one John has in his signature....and voila!

now that i'm not at work, i can properly stare at the picture! ;) :D

Very nice design todd, looks like it's able to slice without dragging your knuckles on the cutting surface as well, always a bonus in a do all knife!

unfortunatley with a mudd turtle and camp knife on order I think it'll be a while before I can try out another one in this catagory, can't wait to see all the pictures as othe rpoel buya nd sue them though, looks like it should be a real camp knife!

looking forward to your scales as well, todd, it's been too long :)

Very nice design todd, looks like it's able to slice without dragging your knuckles on the cutting surface as well, always a bonus in a do all knife!

unfortunatley with a mudd turtle and camp knife on order I think it'll be a while before I can try out another one in this catagory, can't wait to see all the pictures as othe rpoel buya nd sue them though, looks like it should be a real camp knife!

looking forward to your scales as well, todd, it's been too long :)

thanks Peter. and i look forward to your mud turtle and camp knife pics!

been debating going with an exotic wood or a utilitarian micarta. i have both. as much as i really love cocobolo or desert ironwood, i am leaning toward the natural canvas micarta. it just feels right (pun intended).

Nice design, Todd - I saw the resemblance to the XD, maybe that is the camp & tussle XD lol -

best

mqqn

Beautiful design Todd, I love the lines on it.
I'd love to have one with a 10" blade.

Maybe someday.

Post needs some completed pictures...;)

yeah, i hear ya. i tried to handle this guy a few weeks ago and failed miserably. my pin holes were not square. ruined some nice micarta slabs.

i need to size down my bit. i need a 7/32" one or at worst a 3/16". i also plan to get some 1/4" nickel steel rod stock. i have some CF and micarta rod stock, but i suspect this may be a "forever knife", so i want to do it right. or, at least not wrong. :D

Where'd you get square pins Todd??

Inquiring minds want to know.;)

Back