New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

JJ_Colt45

Gold Member
I just opened my package from DLT ... had two of DLT's new Hinderer Exclusive that was released Wed. at 11:00 AM CST ...

they are Gen 6 and come with the bearings installed and have nylon and phosphor bronze washers if you want to switch them out ...

they have a great flipping action ... IMHO the best of any Hinderer I've tried yet ...

I had to snap a few quick pictures ... I'll get better pictures next week ... but here's the new grind ...

2018-11-30 20.10.30.jpg
2018-11-30 20.12.12.jpg
2018-11-30 20.13.13.jpg
2018-11-30 20.14.25.jpg

I think you'll like it ... I wasn't sure about the tri way pivot but they have great action and I took one apart and it is so simple to switch out to washers if you prefer.

I'm looking forward to seeing some other variations as people get them.

I sandblasted some factory hardware to put on this knife! So my parts are laid out on my work table waiting on the knife to get here tomorrow.

I can't sandblast but I have some extra hardware on the way some should be here tomorrow the rest I think Monday ... I'm looking forward to trying some different combinations ... and to see your bronze one when you get it.

I have a set of working finish hardware on the way it should be close to what you sandblasted.

I understand that ... I was waiting for the release and as you can see 2 made it my way instead of the one I was planning on. But I am not complaining these are really nice.
Because you needed two presents instead of 1 :D and so do I was planning on getting another knife under $200 for myself too but another couple hundred couldn’t hurt.

Without even counting buying Christmas presents for kids, grandkids & wife, this is proving to be a really expensive December. I have the Laconico/Keen on the way, the Forum traditional Buck knife on the way & the ZT 0562Ti preordered. I can't even believe that I'm looking at another Hinderer.

Without even counting buying Christmas presents for kids, grandkids & wife, this is proving to be a really expensive December. I have the Laconico/Keen on the way, the Forum traditional Buck knife on the way & the ZT 0562Ti preordered. I can't even believe that I'm looking at another Hinderer.

Well I had pretty much decided one more Hinderer and then I had two fixed blades on my radar for next year sometime ... but it's the disease I tell ya !!!

I hope I made the nice list ... for once ... or I won't get a present until 2030.

That is an interesting grind... I can't help but wonder what it would like like with a double hollow :D

It is a nice grind I'll take a spine shot next week ... it tapers thin to almost the width of a Spanto grind towards the tip and tapers back down ...

but I bet it would be nice with a slight modification and a double hollow

and by the way ... there will be a couple Hinderers on their way to you soon for flipper tab removal ... lol ... just fair warning.

You are gonna' LOVE the Keen.

I got mine yesterday, I went with the battle green one. I love that DLT shortened Swedged Spear Point to the "Swear" Point.

mVZWBb8.jpg

I got mine yesterday, I went with the battle green one. I love that DLT shortened Swedged Spear Point to the "Swear" Point.

mVZWBb8.jpg

I considered the Battle Green ... I'm glad you posted a picture it looks better than the pictures on the website.

I really like the grinds on this one ... it's a keeper.

I considered the Battle Green ... I'm glad you posted a picture it looks better than the pictures on the website.

It definitely looks better in person than it does in the pictures on the website. Green is my favorite color, but it's so hard to get right on anodized Ti. I think Hinderer nailed it on this.

Back