1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by JJ_Colt45, Nov 30, 2018.

1. KVT

KVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2019
    I can vouch for DLT’s customer service.
    Absolutely stellar.

TheFactor and [email protected] like this.
  2. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    He has taken apart the knife and sharpened it, so your advice does not stand.

3. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Wow I felt like re-lived it after reading your post . But only in the quality of my Fulltrack not shipping . My thumb has finally healed “almost” and it’s been 2 or 3 weeks and for and finish was poor , centering was good and btw if you snug the piviot down it can sometimes center up . My piviot ony my 24 new gen was loose out of the box I mean blade wobble loose . Just put some loctite on it and snugged it up and no issues . Other then that exception it’s a perfect example in all areas with a sweet lockbar release . It’s a shame Hinderer is loosing the consistency like they use to have . Mine was hair popping razor sharp out of the box to .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Best customer service I’ve ever experienced. Great knife guys that truly love knives like all us knife nuts here :)

5. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    whp likes this.
  6. KVT

Feb 17, 2019
    Save your butt-hurt for someone who cares.

There's a difference between learning from an experience and swearing off a brand completely, which you did. And that's sounds like a great decision, honestly.

7. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I can't say I saw you're request for a review ... and I don't think you should be made to feel bad for your choice ...

but if Hinderers do interest you I would hate to see you give up on them over a bad experience.

I have several and all the new Gen 6s have been great ... there will always be a few slip through QC and not be perfect ... and I hate to see anyone got a bad knife of any brand ...

but it happens ... and as I said DLT is as good as it gets with customer service ... I see my post to the member who received a less than perfect example was too late to have him return it ... if he had DLT would have taken care of him.

And hopefully if you are interested you'll still get a chance to try one out sometime.

8. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    Pretty sure i'm not the one butthurt here... How dare I not like your RHK

btw I never swore of RHK completely, just my next purchase...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  9. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019

10. WKFClark

WKFClark

Mar 27, 2019
    Yeah I have no doubt DLT would have looked after me and everyone only has good things to say about them, and I did think about returning it before I disassembled and sharpened it. But honestly after all the trouble I had with customs and FedEx I just simply could not be bothered to go through the return process. Plus I just REALLY liked the colour/blade shape combo and knew it was the last available.

After having it a few days now and constantly playing with it, it is growing on me massively. I'm quite happily overlooking my previous criticisms.
    Unfortunately it's been a bit quiet at work so I haven't had any real world work use for it but I'm sure when things pick up it will serve it's purpose and function just fine.

ErocSD, at the end of the day, we are all free to make our own choices. I hope you find a fantastic knife whatever route you go down.

ErocSD and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  11. papa2000

papa2000

Apr 4, 2019
    I posted an open string requesting RHK and explicitly a XM18 survey and if the Gen 6 was justified, despite all the trouble or not contrasted with a portion of the more up to date cuts available. I likewise inquired as to whether I would be in an ideal situation with a CRK rather, I got crickets.

Much thanks to you, I concur DLT is a decent organization. In the event that I ever do get my hands on one I will remember that. As I was stating before my next blade would have been a XM18 yet in the wake of perusing various distinctive QC issues with them I was hunting down a Blade gatherings part to give a non tainted perspective situation and it at long last came. So I noticed it and I will put resources into another blade rather for next buy. I didn't state I swore off RHK forever, just for my next buy. Anyway unmistakably I am not deserving of a feeling or tuning in to different encounters.

no major ordeal whichever Dafont 192.168.l.l FileHippo

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  12. KVT

Feb 17, 2019
    You created a brand new account, today, just now, to tell us this? Again?

Cscotttsss likes this.
  13. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019

14. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Subscribed :Do_O

ErocSD likes this.
  15. KVT

Feb 17, 2019
    I don't know who you are referring to, but I think you should just leave the thread - it went to shit as soon as you stepped in here. Take your other account with you.

Minh762 likes this.
  16. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019

17. KVT

Feb 17, 2019
    Anyway, as I said, the thread was fine and you showed up and now it's a mess. Since you keep referring to us Hinderer owners negatively, as some collective, maybe you should just leave it at that.
    Plenty of other threads to hang out in.

18. Silent H

Silent H

Feb 1, 2018
    Back on topic:

[​IMG]

ErocSD, Icky Thump, Minh762 and 3 others like this.
  19. KVT

Feb 17, 2019
    ^^ Love it!

20. KVT

Feb 17, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]